Dropped Calls and Busy Signals

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
lonesailor
Dropped Calls and Busy Signals

Post by lonesailor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi all,
I have been with OOMA for a couple of months and I only experienced a few glitches in that time....until the last week or so.

I have a modem>ooma hub>router setup on a Cox cable connections that is testing at 10M/400k.

Over the past week, coincidentally since the premier trial ran out, we have had numerous dropped calls and problems dialing out. Many times we will get the fast busy signal when trying to dial out and 3 out of 4 calls go from a normal call to a high pitched buzz and then a dial tone. It also sometimes cuts out to tones that sound like an old dial-up modem.

My internet connection has remained solid and consistent, while we are back to using cell phones because I couldn't even stay on a call long enough to get through to tech support......frustrating.

lonesailor

Re: Dropped Calls and Busy Signals

Post by lonesailor » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:52 am

Sadly it appears this is not a sufficient method for getting support either...
I have yet to reach a person when calling, without the call dropping, and the last topic I emailed about was resolved for so long before I got a reply that I had forgotten what they were talking about.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:43 am

Hi lonesailor, I asked the support team to followup with you to diagnose and troubleshoot this issue. You should be hearing back from them soon.

Thanks,
Bobby
Bobby B

lonesailor

Post by lonesailor » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:46 pm

Thanks Bobby.

As an update to a bad situation made worse: I called last night and got through...great...I spoke with a guy that just answered the phone "hello" like he was at home and then proceeded to not really listen to a word I said. After explaining my seemingly common problem three times with no comprehension from the tech I asked to speak to someone else. Not a supervisor, just someone else. I wish I were kidding when I say that the guy covered the phone for a second and then came back on and announced himself as someone else. When I called him on it, because of his distinct voice, he just offered to put me back in the queue.

Today a tech did call my house and when my wife asked if he could call back in 30 minutes because I was at work he smugly told her that 'he would be very busy and he might try back in an hour or so." Appearently he was busy because he never called.

I see a trend here.

Soundjudgment

Post by Soundjudgment » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:01 am

"" I asked to speak to someone else. Not a supervisor, just someone else. I wish I were kidding when I say that the guy covered the phone for a second and then came back on and announced himself as someone else. ""

<---- That's me, reading this messge. @.@
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>

clhartung

Post by clhartung » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:46 am

I don't understand the last reply - that was you that pretended you were someone else? And you admit it? And this isn't considered a problem? Very strange.

dlong

Post by dlong » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:38 am

clhartung, Soundjudgment is pointing to the picture of his signature icon on the left. The picture is some guy looking at his phone in bewilderment.