Number Porting Questions

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
ladysman
Number Porting Questions

Post by ladysman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:13 pm

I decided it was time to ditch Verizon so I opted to sign up for ooma Premier and the free number porting included.

Within about 15 minutes or so, I get the email on my iPhone with the LOA and some information. I immediately print it, sign it and date and initialize it. I then went on Verizon Bill Pay and printed a bill and faxed all of this to the number on the sheet.

I haven't heard a peep since I did this so how do I know if they even received a fax? Do I have to call or something?

Pretty sure my order went through as my account on "my ooma" says this now
Your subscription begins in 56 days
ooma Telo connected to house phone panel
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

rocketman1622

Re: Number Porting Questions

Post by rocketman1622 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:08 pm

They don't send you any kind of response telling you they received your LOA. At least they didn't with me. About two weeks later I did receive an email stating when my number was scheduled to be ported and it was ported on that date without any problems. So I would just wait about two weeks or so and if you don't hear anything by then give them a call.

amoney

Post by amoney » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:41 am

ladysman wrote:I decided it was time to ditch Verizon so I opted to sign up for ooma Premier and the free number porting included.

Within about 15 minutes or so, I get the email on my iPhone with the LOA and some information. I immediately print it, sign it and date and initialize it. I then went on Verizon Bill Pay and printed a bill and faxed all of this to the number on the sheet.

I haven't heard a peep since I did this so how do I know if they even received a fax? Do I have to call or something?

Pretty sure my order went through as my account on "my ooma" says this now
Your subscription begins in 56 days
I did my porting the same way but the email I got had NO instructions to fax it (as I previously read about). Later I received the second email indicating scheduled date. Everything went very smooth (3 weeks).

Perhpas there are different processes with different carriers. All I can think of.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

caseybea

Post by caseybea » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:09 am

rocketman1622 wrote:They don't send you any kind of response telling you they received your LOA. At least they didn't with me. About two weeks later I did receive an email stating when my number was scheduled to be ported and it was ported on that date without any problems. So I would just wait about two weeks or so and if you don't hear anything by then give them a call.
It took me five (*5*) calls to customer support over 2.5 weeks time to actually get them to send me my porting confirmation email. Note, the process as it's written, you're SUPPOSED to get the confirmation email within 5 business days.

Absolutely ridiculous. I have no faith that they will communicate to me that my porting has actually happened....
Ooma Hub customer since January 2010
Telo2 upgrade (hub retired) October 2016
Service Level: Core

ladysman

Post by ladysman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:39 am

i guess i'm wandering if it's a good idea to call or not. Hopefully someone from ooma will respond.
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

amoney

Post by amoney » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:36 pm

ladysman wrote:i guess i'm wandering if it's a good idea to call or not. Hopefully someone from ooma will respond.
Always call, and if you dont get a good answer, call back and talk to someone else!
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

ladysman

Post by ladysman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:09 pm

amoney wrote:
ladysman wrote:i guess i'm wandering if it's a good idea to call or not. Hopefully someone from ooma will respond.
Always call, and if you dont get a good answer, call back and talk to someone else!
Thanks. Will do.
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

ladysman

Post by ladysman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:29 am

I called last night just for the heck of it. I got a ticket number. The lady was extremely helpful and nice. She said I should receive an email in a few days. All I called for was I wanted to check to see if they received my fax with the information needed to continue. The person on the line sent an email to the porting department and now i just wait for a reply. :)
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

ladysman

Post by ladysman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:47 am

I take it all back. I just received the same email again asking for the LOA and phone bill in which I already faxed to ooma 2 days ago. :x
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

ladysman

Post by ladysman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:41 pm

ladysman wrote:I take it all back. I just received the same email again asking for the LOA and phone bill in which I already faxed to ooma 2 days ago. :x

Just got an email from an ooma rep saying they have received everything so I don't need to send them anything else. Just waiting patiently for the final email telling me it's completed. :D
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP