Getting really pissed off..

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
mateable
Getting really pissed off..

Post by mateable » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:11 pm

I have been trying to call for the last two days.. all I get is the music on hold.. Getting really pissed off.. and the online Chat wow. what a wast of time.. this ooma is.. you cant get a hold of anymore.. I want to see if they got my fax for porting.. but oh I cant get ahold of anyone. to find out.. I even emailed NOTHING..

What is going on.. are you guys going under or what..

southsound

Re: Getting really pissed off..

Post by southsound » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:22 pm

I just got off a call with them as you were entering your post. I have not had a problem reaching them on any day I have called. It is usually a wait of as much as 25 minutes, but my calls have always been answered by a person who shows empathy, has answers, and (gasp) is US based. Yes, they actually answer their own phones!

Some suggestions:
Try calling when you have some extra time and can do something else as their incessent music on hold plays their three songs over and over again. I use a portable headset, but a speakerphone works just as well. I've been building some heated frames for propagating seeds for my wife's garden and I was able to work on the project while waiting my turn.

When they answer, please be courteous. It is not their fault that you had to wait a while. I understand they have just added staff so it will get better soon, but without exception, these are nice people who want to make you happy.

Be persistant. You need to make sure that your problem keeps rising to the top of their "to do" list. If you are not happy, let them know in a polite manner.

Just thoughts. I don't mean to minimize your situation or make excuses for a less that stellar customer experience. As always, YMMV.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

mateable

Post by mateable » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:27 pm

Thanks

ram104

Post by ram104 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:37 pm

Now southsound, I have been reading a few of your posts and find them helpful, but I have to disagree with you regarding customer service. I first have sent ooma 3 different e-mails regarding my problem over 10 days ago and finally today, 12 days later, I got a non helpful, not even close to thee topic I was asking, answer. I called ooma twice over 30 minute wait times and when they finally answer I am as nice as pie with my question and the person on the other end sounds like a cocky high school student who left me in the dark with an answer that was unhelpful.
Reading your post regarding oomas customer service really puzzles me. You must have luck on your side.
I you get a chance read a few of my posts maybe you can help.

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:53 pm

ram102,

Please don't think I was saying their technical support is adequate or timely - it is not. But I have found that over the last several weeks when I have the time to wait on hold, I do eventually get through.

Right now I have an issue that is driving me crazy - the echo on SOME local calls (incoming and outgoing) is so bad the system is not usable for those calls. Long distance is stellar. I have tried a lot of troubleshooting on my end, and just yesterday, they tell me that an ooma was set up in their lab with a number one digit off from my number. They WERE able to duplicate the problem. I asked them to call me with status. Did they call me with as I asked? No.

I mentioned to be persistent. As an example, I called and left a voicemail for Toby Farrand, ooma's VP of Engineering Operations. My plan was to call an executive a day until it was fixed. When I talked to Richard in support today he told me that my problem had been escalated to the highest level. With that, I decided to suspend my "executive calling program" until Monday afternoon if I had not heard from them.

What mateable is asking for is simply a status of his port paperwork. That should take just a second after gettng through. Like I said, YMMV. As to the deeper problems like you and I have had, my only hope is that the teams working on our issues are as good as I believe the product itself is.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

number9

Post by number9 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:20 pm

Mateable,

Please try to understand this is still a start up. It's not an AT&T, Sprint, or IBM. They are small and growing more than anticipated. The hold times are long. As Southsound said, call when you have time. The person I spoke to today was training new hires, fielding questions from co workers and making conference calls while helping me. Successfully helping me!
Plays PRS guitars

jmassimilla

Post by jmassimilla » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:48 am

I, too, will second the others. I agree that they are going through growing pains and that the response may not be as quick as we may like. I have had only one occasion to call them. It involved the outgoing caller ID on both of my numbers displaying "Ooma Inc" after 3 weeks. I waited on hold for 20 minutes and talked with a very helpful rep who escalated the problem. Within 2 business days, the problem was completely resolved. My port from Vonage took just under 4 weeks and it went flawlessly...completely seamless with no interuption in service. Bottom line: I am totally thrilled with the concept and the service and am willing to put up with some bumps in the road as they grow and evolve although, in my case, I haven't hit too many bumps. My experiences with my 2 previous providers, Voicewing and Vonage (especially Vonage), were not nearly as pleasant as this has been.
Customer since Feb 2009
2 Hub/Scout
1 Telo/Handset
Lifetime Premier Subscriber