Cannot make international calls, but can recieve them

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Chali
Cannot make international calls, but can recieve them

Post by Chali » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:25 pm

I just bought the Ooma Hub today and purchased the international bundle ($4.99/mo). I am using a D-link WIR-655 wireless router with a comcast subscription.

I seen the other threads about how an ATT router needed the firewall settings to be reset/disabled. I tried adding my Ooma to my DMZ on my d link router, and i opened the UDP and TCP ports on it as well.

I still cannot make international calls, I basically hear how many minutes i have, and it starts to ring, shortly afterwards it says "Calls cannot be made at this time" and i am disconnected. However, my family in Colombia can call me perfectly fine.

Can anyone help me with this?

Groundhound

Re: Cannot make international calls, but can recieve them

Post by Groundhound » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:02 pm

I thought I read earlier that the International bundle was for paid Premier subscribers and was not available on the free Premier trial - perhaps this is the issue if you have not yet paid for Premier. You would need to call customer service to confirm this.

Chali

Post by Chali » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Groundhound wrote:I thought I read earlier that the International bundle was for paid Premier subscribers and was not available on the free Premier trial - perhaps this is the issue if you have not yet paid for Premier. You would need to call customer service to confirm this.
i did purchase a premier subscription

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Sounds like you'll need to call customer service to fix the problem.

amoney

Post by amoney » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:45 pm

If you can make regular local/long distance calls, then its not a firewall issue.

There are lots of issues regarding international calls, give your info to Ooma.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

Chali

Post by Chali » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Well I called customer service, and they said the problem "could" be that since i just bought the membership and everything, that it hasnt gone through the system yet. So they told me to wait a day and see. Guess i just have to be patient. :D