iPhone App problem

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
BBBoT
iPhone App problem

Post by BBBoT » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:04 am

I keep getting a "login timeout" when trying to connect via the iPhone app. But I can login to the my.ooma.com fine.
Should the login ID be the Ooma # or the email address?
Also, will it eventually support calls over 3G? Both AT&T and Apple have said they no longer block VOIP over cellular.
Thanks,
Rob

gunfyter

Re: iPhone App problem

Post by gunfyter » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:48 am

I can't log in either....

BBBoT

Post by BBBoT » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:58 am

Thanks - glad to know it's not just me or my particular Wi-Fi setup.
I can't tell for sure since I can't login, but it doesn't look like there's a tab for voice mail.
I had hoped the app would allow checking/playing voice mail also.

jenkinshouse

Post by jenkinshouse » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:23 am

I can't login either. Is the app looking for a SIP account?

jrg716

Post by jrg716 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Same here... The Help say enter your settings according to your VoIP SIP provider - huh?

My Ooma login definitely doesn't work.

nthomann

Post by nthomann » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:46 pm

when will the app be compatible with the 3G network???

amoney

Post by amoney » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:11 pm

10 bucks for the app?

Sigh.

So I am under the impression its not working yet... I am not going to even contemplate spending 10 bucks if people are reporting issues, this is the Telo handset disaster all over again.

As for VOIP over ATT cellular, I did not know ATT back tracked? Christ I would use the Google voice app in a heart beat, which behind the sceens was the real reason GV app was denied, free calling and text messages.

I just looked at the Ooma app and it specifically states it works over wifi, so I would assume nothing has changed and this means works ONLY via wifi.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

nthomann

Post by nthomann » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:08 am

as for "amoney", yes apple and AT&T allow VOIP apps on the 3G network as of end of Jan. 2010, which most VOIP apps have updated for the change...the ooma app seems to be one of the most expensive VOIP apps, and is lacking some key features. If it matters I would like to see an update for recording calls and 3G compatible...

Quicksprj

Post by Quicksprj » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:41 am

I would also like to see 3g support which I was told may be implemented in the app. I have purchased the app and have also not been able to log in. I don't have a sip acct so hopefully I won't need one to use the app. If so I won't be real happy after just spending $10 on the app. Time will tell I guess or maybe a moderator can let us know and give us an idea of a timeframe for the app to be working.

scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:46 am

I believe Apple may have 'jumped the gun' and put the app in the app store early.
While I am not sure of this ( I don't work for Ooma ) I think that Ooma may not have the server up to handle the app yet.
Hopefully an official word is on the way :)