Tax being added to International Bundle

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
WoodyR
Tax being added to International Bundle

Post by WoodyR » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:58 pm

Has anyone received a notification email regarding tax being added to the international bundle fee? According to the customer service rep, this change was in effect sometime in late January. The first two months was a flat $5 monthly fees and this month an 18% tax was added. It's not even a $1 change but what happened to the customer notification process? Understand that we can't avoid taxes anywhere but what's really disappointing is that I had to find out this change from my credit card statement. Looked through the website in case an email was missing in transmission but no mention of this policy change. Ooma, could you please let the users know if any changes are affecting existing / new customers? :x

inrame

Re: Tax being added to International Bundle

Post by inrame » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:20 pm

fyi... i did see this on the page where you purchase the international bundle on my.ooma.com

"Calls over 500 minutes and calls to destinations not covered by the plan are billed at Ooma's normal low rates. The standard connection fee of 3.9¢ is waved for users with the International Bundle. The monthly price does not include an 18% Federal Universal Service Fund fee. This plan renews automatically every month."

WoodyR

Re: Tax being added to International Bundle

Post by WoodyR » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:36 am

Thanks Inrame.

I went back to the page and found the footnote for 18% tax being added. When I ordered the international bundle, the footnote for 18% tax wasn't there and my credit card has been billed for $5 for two month and all of sudden I see the increased numbers this month. I just wish when they make changes, they took a step to notify users to minimize a surprise.