Voicemail Tab Displays the Wrong Time

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
hteinlin
Re: Voicemail Tab Displays the Wrong Time

Post by hteinlin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:22 pm

Ok well it has reverted back to the wrong time...

kujospam

Post by kujospam » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:48 pm

I truely do hope they fix this because it is extemely annoying saying that someone called yesterday when it was actually today.

Mike-o-Matic

Post by Mike-o-Matic » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:49 pm

I just ran a test and this problem seems to be resolved (for the first time? or again? I'm not sure).

Can some of y'all also test to see if the voicemail timestamps are right, finally? Would like some corroborating evidence... Thanks in advance.
Customer Since: November 2009.
Number Port: ordered 12/14/09; completed 01/07/10.
Hardware: one Hub, one Scout, one Telo.
Service Level: Annual Premier.

Soundjudgment

Post by Soundjudgment » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:28 am

Yup. Proper Date and Time-stamp here.
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>

Mike-o-Matic

Post by Mike-o-Matic » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:16 am

Hmm... looks like the code that converts the date/time datum into "user friendly" text, for display purposes, seems to still have a bit of trouble. I have three VMs from yesterday (2) and today (1) in my inbox. Both show the correct local time still, but all of them say "today" next to them. Naturally, that's wrong for the VMs I got last night. Oopsie.

Personally, I don't need that particular nicety. I'd rather see all the listed timestamps displayed in "CCYY-MM-DD HH:MM am/pm" format. It's just more uniform that way, IMHO.
Customer Since: November 2009.
Number Port: ordered 12/14/09; completed 01/07/10.
Hardware: one Hub, one Scout, one Telo.
Service Level: Annual Premier.

wbertacchini

Post by wbertacchini » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:53 pm

Our Voicemall tab says yesterday, but when you hover over it, it displayes the correct date. So what is up with that? It has been wrong for the past 2 months (basically since I signed up) :?:

Dr D

Post by Dr D » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:22 pm

Howdy,

I also am getting the wrong time and date stamped on my voicemails. Yet the times and dates on my call logs are correct. I emailed support and have not gotten a response - which unfortunately seems to be their SOP (just ignore it).

Here's my theory...if you call customer service, the operators clearly have a Filipino/Filipina accent. Located in the Pacific, the Phillipines are many hours ahead of my Mountain time zone (Colorado). So when I get a voicemail today, it is actually "yesterday" from the Phillipines perspective. I bet all voicemails are synched to the time of the customer service call center. I agree with others that this is very annoying. Otherwise, after 3 weeks of Ooma I am completely satisfied.