Blacklisting Does Not Work w/ Premier's Second Phone Number

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
LMReeves
Blacklisting Does Not Work w/ Premier's Second Phone Number

Post by LMReeves » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:31 am

I have had the Ooma for over a month now, and I am very impressed. However, when I blacklist a number, it only blocks that number from being called on the primary phone number. Last night, I added my wife's cell phone number on the blacklist as a test, and she got through by calling the additional phone number that came with the Ooma Premier.

When I block a number, I would like that number blocked on both Ooma's phone numbers. I have tried clicking the blacklist button on the call log screen, but it doesn't turn red when called on the second line. Also, I am not using a landline, if that makes any difference. How do I blacklist on the second telephone number? Thanks!

murphy

Re: Blacklisting Does Not Work w/ Premier's Second Phone Number

Post by murphy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:33 am

Is the second number on a personal device?
If it is, it has it's own blacklist.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

LMReeves

Post by LMReeves » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:42 am

No, it's shared, I don't have any other devices than the Ooma Telo box, and the calls made to the second telephone number show up on the same call log as the primary Ooma number. I logged in with the second number and tried to block my wife's cell phone number, but it still didn't work.

hingli

Post by hingli » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:26 am

Finally someone that has the same problem as me. I tried adding my son's cellphone number but he can still call on the 2nd phone number.
ooma Telo (Premier)
Port Started: Feb. 24, 2010; Port Expected: March 23, 2010
Internet: Cable 8Mb/1Mb