Contact import fails

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
gunfyter
Re: Contact import fails

Post by gunfyter » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:12 pm

mthomtech wrote:When I try to import contacts from Google, I just get a brief "loading" icon and then nothing. It just stays on the screen with options to Cancel or Import.

I've tried both my full gmail address and also just the user name.

Does anyone else have the same problem?
YES

daet

Post by daet » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:04 am

mthomtech wrote:When I try to import contacts from Google, I just get a brief "loading" icon and then nothing. It just stays on the screen with options to Cancel or Import.

Yes, I did. So I exported my GMail/GVoice contact list to a CSV file, which I then imported.

DG
Ooma customer since April 2009
Ooma equipment: Hub ; Telo + 4 handsets
Ooma service: Annual Premier subscription

Leester

Post by Leester » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:16 am

@ mthomtech I am also seeing that happen although I am trying to load outlook, but same results as you.

gunfyter

Post by gunfyter » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:28 am

daet wrote:

Yes, I did. So I exported my GMail/GVoice contact list to a CSV file, which I then imported.

DG
That Worked!

DUH....

Before you can import it ... you have to export it from google to an outlook.csv. Then you have to go to import and browse until you find the file you downloaded from Google in your downloads folder....

You can't just click import and wait for something to happen. I guess that function is not working yet.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:24 pm

It should support importing from CSV with multiple phone numbers. If possible send me an e-mail with your CSV file (or just the affected line from your CSV) and I can try to reproduce it here.
dsinternet wrote:Most of my contacts don't import. Seems like ooma will not let one contact have more then one phone number. My contacts that had home, work, and cell did not work
Bobby B

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Bug 7818 has been submitted to investigate this one. I'm not too sure why the import is working for some users but failing for others. We'll probably need to add some additional logs to troubleshoot this one further. I'll probably contact some folks when we have these in place.

gunfyter wrote:

YES
Bobby B

mthomtech

Post by mthomtech » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Thanks Bobby. Just let me know and I'll be glad to run some tests.
Ooma Customer since March 2009
Ooma Hardware: Hub/Scout(2) and Telo
Premier Member

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks for nailing this one down - Bug 7819 has been entered for this issue.
ggilman wrote:This might be a slightly different issue but I noticed during a gmail import that several contacts simply popped up with something like "Failure importing contact X". I narrowed it down to the fact that phone numbers must be unique
Bobby B

dsinternet

Post by dsinternet » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:50 am

Bobby B wrote:It should support importing from CSV with multiple phone numbers. If possible send me an e-mail with your CSV file (or just the affected line from your CSV) and I can try to reproduce it here.

Sorry, I guess I have not looked at this topic in a long time. Do you still want me to send you the CSV file. I would be more then happy to. PM works the best for me. I have been looking at the non-beta forums lately. Looking forward to everyone getting the latest updates.
dsinternet wrote:Most of my contacts don't import. Seems like ooma will not let one contact have more then one phone number. My contacts that had home, work, and cell did not work

mthomtech

Post by mthomtech » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:48 am

Bobby B wrote:Bug 7818 has been submitted to investigate this one. I'm not too sure why the import is working for some users but failing for others. We'll probably need to add some additional logs to troubleshoot this one further. I'll probably contact some folks when we have these in place.

gunfyter wrote:

YES
Bobby - I noticed that Google Contacts is no longer a selection on the contact imports. Curious on if you determined what causing the issue for some, and if that option will be coming back?

For now going from Google to CSV to Ooma is not a big deal ...
Ooma Customer since March 2009
Ooma Hardware: Hub/Scout(2) and Telo
Premier Member