Support DTMF through the phone port for incoming calls

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
dstevenson
Re: Support DTMF through the phone port for incoming calls

Post by dstevenson » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:28 pm

Bobby B wrote:Right now, inbound DTMF doesn't work on the Hub due to a limitation with a proprietary hardware component/driver.

We are planning to support inbound DTMF on the Ooma Telo, since the device is not limited by this proprietary component.

Bobby,

On September 30 of last year, you wrote that Ooma was planning support. Please respond with an update on the status. It is not acceptable to refuse to answer this question.

mrogerc

Post by mrogerc » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:43 pm

I really need this answered to decide whether to return this device and go to Vonage.

I called support, and given the discussions on this forum, am rather surprised that they had no idea what I was talking about.

Could we please have an answer on this?

worksong

Post by worksong » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Supposed to be this month [February].

I've been waiting to be able to remotely control my HVAC system at a weekend home. OOMA told me the revisions that will allow DTMF pass-through were originally due by CES, but got bumped for PureVoice & Google Voice accommodations.

They say DTMF fix is now scheduled for a code release sometime this month.

fieldsfam

Post by fieldsfam » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:39 pm

Can anyone from Ooma update this posting? When could we expect inbound DTMF to begin being passed?

worksong

Post by worksong » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Concur...we're running out of February.

saguirre

Post by saguirre » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:44 am

I am new to Ooma. And this is NOT a nice surprise. Everything else seems to work well, but not having the DTMF pass-through is simply unacceptable. I purchased both of these devices through Costco and they let you return purchases if you are not satisfied. Well, after reading this thread, I am starting to think that I need to return my Ooma systems (yes two lines with two hubs) and go back to Vonage. Not having DTMF is simply unacceptable. It is such a basic feature that I did NOT think to ask when I bought it.

When I called support, they first made it sound as if they could fix this problem by changing settings, after being on hold for a while they came back and said that they are working on it. I read on this thread that they were aiming for February of 2010, well it is now March and I am thinking about ditching Ooma and quitting while I am ahead.

Moderator! Where are you? Give us some answers about when this WILL be fixed. I will otherwise go to the review sites on the Costco site and tell everyone about this lack of service.

worksong

Post by worksong » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:46 am

I had received personal commitments on a DTMF fix from Rich Buchanan, so wrote to him today to follow-up on status. Here's his auto-reply:

I have decided to step down from my role as the Chief Marketing Officer of Ooma. You can reach any of the following people for help with your Ooma business or support needs:

Tami Bhaumik - VP of Marketing, tami@ooma.com
Aaron Duran - VP of Sales, aaron@ooma.com
Roy Calvo - Director, Customer Support, roy@ooma.com

I suggest anyone concerned about this problem write to these 3 individuals directly. I sure will; as with Saguirre, this is a make-or-break issue for me--no DTMF, no OOMA. I have a few months left before my Costco return privilege expires, & will be watching this closely.

fieldsfam

Post by fieldsfam » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:14 pm

Ditto on the make or break thing. I too am new to Ooma, and also didn't even think to test for this since this is such a basic feature of a telephone service. I'm considering contacting them & putting a stop on the phone number port that I initiated only hours before discovering this.

I will be sending emails to Tami, Aaron and Roy.

saguirre

Post by saguirre » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:19 pm

worksong wrote:I had received personal commitments on a DTMF fix from Rich Buchanan, so wrote to him today to follow-up on status. Here's his auto-reply:

I have decided to step down from my role as the Chief Marketing Officer of Ooma. You can reach any of the following people for help with your Ooma business or support needs:

Tami Bhaumik - VP of Marketing, tami@ooma.com
Aaron Duran - VP of Sales, aaron@ooma.com
Roy Calvo - Director, Customer Support, roy@ooma.com

I suggest anyone concerned about this problem write to these 3 individuals directly. I sure will; as with Saguirre, this is a make-or-break issue for me--no DTMF, no OOMA. I have a few months left before my Costco return privilege expires, & will be watching this closely.
Thank you for sharing the names and e-mails of the people who might make things go faster! I already e-mailed all of them. I also called Tech Support again and the person who I spoke with said that this repair should be coming out in the next software update. This is all fine, but I need to know when this will be! I don’t want to wait and wait, then have my return period run out at Costco. If this does gets fixed, Ooma would be the best thing out there. However, no incoming DTMF is a show stopper!

Did anyone notice that when you call them the automated attendant can’t hear your menu selection (especially while it is talking)? I have to hit the number 4 about 5 times for it to hear me. I think that they are also having a similar issue, but on a lesser scale.

Any more information would be greatly appreciated!

Steve

By the way, I just posted this issue under product reviews on the Costco website under “reviews” for this product. I think that this needs to be out there! It should post within the next 72 hours, I also put a link to this thread so people can read about this issue in more detail.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:12 pm

We're tracking the inbound DTMF pass through support on the Ooma Telo in bug 5849 (if you need to reference it in the future).

We're currently testing the fix for this bug and making sure it works across a variety of different phone numbers. We're going to make this bug a top priority for resolving after the PureVoice feature rolls out.
Bobby B