Can't Set Up VM

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
samisma
Can't Set Up VM

Post by samisma » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:39 am

So I started/installed my Ooma on Feb 14th. After all was said and done I decided to continue following directions and tried to set up my VM.

I pick up my handset, I hit the 'Play' button, I enter in my 'passcode/pin' and then I hit # as it directs me too. And it repeatedly tells me "Nothing has been entered".

So on 2/14 I called tech support. Who couldn't figure out why this was the case all though we reset my ooma multiple times in an attempt to fix the problem. So it was 'escalated' to a different level of tech support.

It is now March 10th. I've called multiple times. I've emailed. Nothing, no response, no help.

I'm beyond frustrated. When I receive inbound calls and am unable to answer the callers receive a generic computerized message and are able to leave a message.

However, considering I use my phone for work and play - I need a personalized message and can't set this up. In addition I can't check the VM remotely.

My phone number was ported already, and I am paying for premier. I have the ooma hub.

Help Ooma gurus?

:?

murphy

Re: Can't Set Up VM

Post by murphy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:47 am

Have you tried a different phone?
Call someone and after they have answered tell them you are going to press the touchtone buttons and you want them to describe what they hear. If you have a cell phone, you can do the test yourself by calling your cell phone.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:03 am

murphy wrote:Have you tried a different phone?
That was my thought, too. Try accessing VM by calling your number from a regular phone plugged into the Telo to rule out a Telo handset issue.
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.

samisma

Post by samisma » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:40 am

I did try a different phone, and tested it from my cell phone (as recommended by tech support).

I even bought new phones because the lady (Maria) at tech support said that maybe the tone was 'off-kilter' because my phone was older.

I was thinking of borrowing someone's regular phone to hook up to the ooma and see if it would work that way. Currently I'm using a cordless phone, but I wondered that maybe if I hooked up a corded phone it would work better?

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:23 pm

samisma wrote:I was thinking of borrowing someone's regular phone to hook up to the ooma and see if it would work that way. Currently I'm using a cordless phone, but I wondered that maybe if I hooked up a corded phone it would work better?
A corded phone is probably worth a try.
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.