Lost my Premier Free trial after only 10 days

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
wildbill
Lost my Premier Free trial after only 10 days

Post by wildbill » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:39 am

Hello Everyone --

Im a new customer started service Feb 27th 2010 and I plan on being a premier customer by opt in to the premier service level with the telo. At first I opt out but then a few days later I opt back in. Just logged into my.ooma site and the opt in/out link is not there anymore but I still have over 50 days left for the premier free trial. Just want to make sure Im still opt in for the premier service. Anybody else notice that the opt in/out link is gone now?..

--Bill
Last edited by wildbill on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wendavid

Re: Opt in/out Premier link is not showing anymore

Post by wendavid » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:13 pm

That is exactly what I am experiencing now. The Opt out link disappeared suddenly but the page still shows "Your subscription begins in xx days". I sent a email to customer service and have not received any response from them yet.

mannino

Re: Opt in/out Premier link is not showing anymore

Post by mannino » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:48 pm

This is what I found on the Knowledge Base:

What happens to my account if I don't cancel my Premier trial after the trial period?
If you purchased an Ooma Telo (from any retail store) or Ooma Hub (from Costco stores), you will automatically enrolled in a monthly subscription to Ooma Premier at the end of your trial. You can opt out of Ooma Premier at any time during your trial by logging into My Ooma and browsing to Account->Services.
Note: If you're in a Premier trial and you don't see a link to opt out of your Ooma Premier trial on the Account->Services, then your Ooma Premier service will be discontinued automatically at the end of your trial. If you wish to continue Ooma Premier, you'll need to purchase an annual or monthly Ooma Premier subscription in My Ooma Add-Ons, anytime before or after your Ooma Premier trial ends.

wildbill

lost my Premier Free trial after only 10 days

Post by wildbill » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:01 pm

Thanks for the info... I guess I should have waited until the free trial ended.. it seems now my acct is set to renew the sub on 3-27-2010

I thought I would be able to use the free trial.. it seems if you do this it knocks you out of the free trail. :cry:

--Bill
Last edited by wildbill on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wildbill

Re: lost my Premier Free trial after only 10 days

Post by wildbill » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:19 am

Is there someone out there that works for ooma customer service center that can fix this so I can use the 50 days that was left in my free trial. I don't want to mess up my acct or anything but would like to be able to save some money on the free trial. I just screwd up by setting up the Premier servive level too soon. I assumed that the system would still allow me to use what was left on the free Premier trail. My acct on my.ooma site under accounts it shows;

>> Your service level is: Premier, Monthly Subscription
>> Your subscription renews on Mar 27, 2010

I just got ooma Telo on Feb. 27th 2010.

Thanks for any help or sugestions.

--Bill

southsound

Re: Lost my Premier Free trial after only 10 days

Post by southsound » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Probably the best bet would be to call ooma on their sales number: 866-452-OOMA (6662). If that doesn't work, look for a post by ntoy and send him a private email by clicking the envelope below his name. Norm is a moderator who works for ooma and has a good history of helping out customers with issues like this. :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

wildbill

Post by wildbill » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Yeah I emailed ntoy, and Bobby B. but not sure if they got my email. I had it set to send a copy of the email to me but didn't get any copies from both emails so I guess I will wait a day or two. I will try to find Norm on the forums and send an email to him. Thanks for the info!.. I keep hoping one of the mods will see this and maybe let me know something but nothing so far.

I may just call CS if I can't get in contact with a tech on the ooma forums. I just don't want a CS rep to mess up my acct by changing something.. I thought maybe it might be easyer for ooma just to give me a 30 day credit. it seems its gona let me stay on the free trial until March 27th. I started the service on Feb 27th. I figure its just a bug in the my.ooma site.

--Bill

wendavid

Post by wendavid » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:36 am

I have not received any email reply from customer service yet but that "Opt out of Ooma Premier" link returned to my account service.

wildbill

Post by wildbill » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:42 am

I just checked my account and since I took the advice of another poster and went to the add-ons page and stated what sub I wanted to start at the end of my free trial (9.99 a month.) It still shows me that I will start paying the $10 a month on march 27th. I have no options to go back to the free trial to get my 30 days that was removed. it seems I lost a month of my free trial when I used the add-on option. So if someone tells you to goto the ADD-ONS page to setup your paid service level don't do it until the last day or 2 of your free trial or you will lose half of your free trial if not all of it..

Im hoping that a CS agent on the forum will notice this topic and just credit my bank acct for the lost 30 days.

I think that would be alot easier then trying to change something in my account on my.ooma.com site.

--Bill

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:55 am

Hello Bill,

Currently, your account does not show any charges.
You still have premiere trial active on your account.
I'm not sure if you want to continue with monthly premiere
or you want to opt out.

Please send me a personal email & we can discuss.

Thanks,
Norm