Disable call-waiting?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Karl in NY
Disable call-waiting?

Post by Karl in NY » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:20 pm

I don't want to be interrupted by the ooma call-waiting tones (which to me, disrupt the conversation), and my personal etiquette generally prevents me from putting someone on "hold" (especially since there doesn't appear to be a call-waiting caller-ID function).

So, how do I disable call-waiting?

I'm using Telo with the free Premier ending next week, which I have opted-out of.
But, my understanding is that the call-waiting is part of the basic ooma package.

I would like to either kill call-waiting completely (leaving the caller with a busy signal), or, have the second call rolled to voicemail without any disruptive tones being heard.

Can do? If yes, how?

thanks-

Karl

hpepper

Re: Disable call-waiting?

Post by hpepper » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Karl,
You have to call Customer service and have them disable Call Waiting - of course it is permanent, but it sounds like that is what you want.

Karl in NY

Post by Karl in NY » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks, will do.

danlisman

Post by danlisman » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:24 pm

hpepper wrote:Karl,
You have to call Customer service and have them disable Call Waiting - of course it is permanent, but it sounds like that is what you want.
If Ooma call waiting is disabled, does secondary caller get a busy signal? (As opposed to rolling call to voicemail)
Thanks
Dan
Get rid of satellite/cable. Buy DVR to Pause-Rewind-Record live antenna HDTV.
http://MustardTree.eCRATER.com