help, ready to give up

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
wordpainter
help, ready to give up

Post by wordpainter » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:15 am

Installed Telo between modem and router as shown in setup guide. Lost internet connection on computer. Hooked Telo up behind router, again as instructions show. Got internet connection back but Telo won't work. Called support, was advised, after support person confirmed that the Telo was hooked up correctly, to "disable the firewall on the router." Not at all convinced router (Linksys WRT 54G V8) has a firewall. Am about to return Telo for refund but thought, what the heck, give this forum a shot. Any ideas? Anyone?

Groundhound

Re: help, ready to give up

Post by Groundhound » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:12 am

Do you have the Telo's "to Internet" port connected to one of your router's LAN ports? If so reboot the router and then the Telo.

hpepper

Post by hpepper » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Groundhound wrote:Do you have the Telo's "to Internet" port connected to one of your router's LAN ports? If so reboot the router and then the Telo.
...and before that, reboot the cable or DSL modem. Pwer everything off. Turn on modem... wait a minute or two until it is up and running, then the router, wait until it is up and running, then the Telo.

Then try it and see what you get.

oomadc

Post by oomadc » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:57 pm

Ooma suggests users to run this setup:

Modem --> Ooma --> Router

You should also try with:
Modem --> Router --> Ooma
which works perfect for me. Of course, assuming your router has proper settings.

wendavid

Post by wendavid » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:42 am

whether you are using Telo in front of router or router in front of Telo, the one stand in first should DMZ the one behind it. Both set up worked for me very well.

oomadc

Post by oomadc » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:07 am

I run my router before the ooma hub and I didn't need to set ooma hub DMZ. My router is Linksys WRT54GL w/ DD-WRT firmware.