lifetime premier

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
harleyjess
lifetime premier

Post by harleyjess » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:17 pm

Is lifetime Premier still availalbe ?

murphy

Re: lifetime premier

Post by murphy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:18 pm

harleyjess wrote:Is lifetime Premier still availalbe ?
No. It ended on December 31.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

abbythird

Post by abbythird » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:59 pm

will it offer again?
Just wonder how much it cost for lifetime before it expired?

bw1

Post by bw1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:33 pm

abbythird wrote:will it offer again?
Just wonder how much it cost for lifetime before it expired?
No one knows. Perhaps they will offer it again some day.

It was $349.

bamasteve

Post by bamasteve » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:48 am

I'd want to know what's new in the next version of premier before I'd ever consider getting it. Been very quiet about what functions it will have and how it will interface with GVoice.

hurl03

Post by hurl03 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:24 am

bamasteve wrote:I'd want to know what's new in the next version of premier before I'd ever consider getting it. Been very quiet about what functions it will have and how it will interface with GVoice.
if ooma is listening, offering lifetime again would go a long way to smoothing over the rough road for many of us that have been having issues and problems with the telo base and handsets. I enjoy premier, but don't think i will keep it for the $120/yr. So they can count that as lost a lost opportunity and revenue. I would however, seriously consider lifetime for $399, in which case they would have some additional revenue on the books as opposed to none from me.
Last edited by hurl03 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:12 am

OK... So this is easy for me to say (since I am a lifetime member)...but why is $120/year out of the question?

I was paying $40 extra for a second line for years... without all the extras that Ooma provides... to pay only $10 month for an extra line seems like it would be a bargain...

Of course, it really depends on whether the second line is a need or a want... For me, since I work at home, the second line was an absolute necessity... So if lifetime were not available, I really would have no choice but to pay the $120 a year if I needed that second line...

If you see the extra line as just a bonus...then maybe the $10/mo is excessive...

Just thinking aloud...
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

bamasteve

Post by bamasteve » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:57 am

MikeekiM wrote:OK... So this is easy for me to say (since I am a lifetime member)...but why is $120/year out of the question?

I was paying $40 extra for a second line for years... without all the extras that Ooma provides... to pay only $10 month for an extra line seems like it would be a bargain...

Of course, it really depends on whether the second line is a need or a want... For me, since I work at home, the second line was an absolute necessity... So if lifetime were not available, I really would have no choice but to pay the $120 a year if I needed that second line...

If you see the extra line as just a bonus...then maybe the $10/mo is excessive...

Just thinking aloud...
$10 a month is too much if I'm already using all of the functions that I get from Google Voice. I really don't use any of the functions from my primere trial account. 2nd line is not important to me. I've got multiple cell phones for a 2nd line.
What would be worth $10/month would be a value added to Google Voice that made the sum of GV and Ooma Primere work together with the best of both products.

Steve

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:49 am

bamasteve wrote: $10 a month is too much if I'm already using all of the functions that I get from Google Voice. I really don't use any of the functions from my primere trial account. 2nd line is not important to me. I've got multiple cell phones for a 2nd line.
What would be worth $10/month would be a value added to Google Voice that made the sum of GV and Ooma Primere work together with the best of both products.

Steve
Yup...that makes sense to me... I think the key is whether you need a 2nd landline-like phoneline... If it's just a nice to have, the $120 is not getting you anything that you can't get from GV... (or more accurately, nothing significant depending on what value you put on the extras like blacklisting, etc...)
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

electriclm

Post by electriclm » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:45 am

In addition to the $9.99 per month fee for Premier. It says there will be an additional monthly fee for the second line. Does anyone know how much this fee is?