Outbound Caller ID Still Not Working

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
caseybea
Re: Outbound Caller ID Still Not Working

Post by caseybea » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:27 pm

I ported my line from AT&T to ooma a *month* ago.

My outbound caller-ID still does not show my name. I know some of the people I call are not answering because of it.

Other vendors can get caller-ID set up in a matter of days at the most. Why is this not yet working with Ooma? I am annoyed, frustrated, and my call today was "escalated to level 2 technicians who will call me back within 24-48 hours". Oh-- goody.
Ooma Hub customer since January 2010
Telo2 upgrade (hub retired) October 2016
Service Level: Core

Zindar

Post by Zindar » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:24 am

mezzy316 wrote:Since this is getting me absolutely nowhere, I think it's time to call the FCC.
let's see what the FCC can do.
Has the FCC taken action yet?

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:24 am

Zindar wrote:
mezzy316 wrote:Since this is getting me absolutely nowhere, I think it's time to call the FCC.
let's see what the FCC can do.
Has the FCC taken action yet?
Hopefully mezzy316 will update us here, but he/she did post an update on another forum after complaining to the FCC about AT&T: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r238233 ... ot-Working

mezzy316

Post by mezzy316 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:48 am

As you see by this thread and the one on DSL Reports, my Outbound CID showed Null, Null for about six months. Ooma was doing what they could, but from everything I've learned, it's the responsibility of the carrier on the terminating end of the call to look up and display the CID. When I ported my number from AT&T, they wiped my name from their database, hence the reason it showed up as Null, Null. In order from my name to reappear, they would have to pay an outside vendor to get the new CNAM info, and they weren't doing it.

I went to the FCC web site and filed a complaint against AT&T for this very thing. About 7-10 days later it was fixed. I find it hard to believe that it's a coincidence. Not sure if that will work for everyone, but it worked for me. Keep in mind AT&T is the primary carrier in my area and is the carrier I ported from. Your situation may be different.

caseybea

Post by caseybea » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:37 am

Yay. Now on a month and a half since my port. Still no outbound caller id.

Support call to ooma went into a black hole. As usual.
Ooma Hub customer since January 2010
Telo2 upgrade (hub retired) October 2016
Service Level: Core