Google Voice

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
homli
Re: Google Voice

Post by homli » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:54 pm

amarryat wrote:
BlueHeeler wrote:
Groundhound wrote:According to Rich Buchanan: "The code base for GVE development was completed first on Telo, still looking at bringing it to the Hub, no final decision yet."

If only for the Telo, this would be bad. I don't think there was ever an indication that this would only be for Telo, and I believe there was speculation this may have been released before Telo. Those of us who signed up with GVE interest may lose out if signed up with hub/scout only.

I think you are right. Wasn't GVE rumored far prior to the Telo?
From ooma's GVE press release on March 18th 2009: "We look forward to enhancing the features of Google Voice for our current and future ooma Premier customers." The Telo wasn't released until October 1st 2009, so "current" Premier customers all had ooma Hubs.

https://www.ooma.com/media/press-releas ... experience

bamasteve

Post by bamasteve » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:57 pm

And we've heard nothing for about a month at least concerning the ooma premiere next upgrade. I thought it was coming out at the end of Feb or 1st of March.

gvkovai

Post by gvkovai » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:45 am

My premier 'Preferences' showed up 'Google Voice beta' and I am able to configure Ooma with google voice for my outbound calls. Works great so far (only a couple of days since I activated it).

PHXHoward

Post by PHXHoward » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:46 pm

I have activated GVE Beta for Ooma. The outgoing caller ID works wonderfully.

When people call me, the phone connected to my Telo rings one time and then the Telo picks up the call and I can hear the the GV recording from the Telo speaker telling me to press 1 to pick up the call.

Very excited to have GVE functionality.

EDIT: I think I got it now. I changed the Auto answer delay in Ooma and it is ringing more than once.

bamasteve

Post by bamasteve » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:18 am

So how did you configure? I'm trying the Beta instructions and every time I go to add my GV number I'm getting the menu to add an addtional ooma number. Any tricks. Perhaps mine is not working because I only have the Premiere trial version.

Thanks for posting this. I've been waiting for this function before I paid for premiere. Of course Ooma tech support was no help just telling me that Google Voice was in Beta and won't be available til later this year. Arrrrrgh.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:58 am

I looked at your account - you should be able to add another number to use with GVE as a Premier Trial user. I'll send you an e-mail to get some more info on your issue.
bamasteve wrote:So how did you configure? I'm trying the Beta instructions and every time I go to add my GV number I'm getting the menu to add an addtional ooma number. Any tricks. Perhaps mine is not working because I only have the Premiere trial version.
Bobby B

CLaRiTY

Post by CLaRiTY » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:14 am

i want to use google voice with my ooma premier service i need my Phone Number Preferences issues resloved someone please help :cry:

bamasteve

Post by bamasteve » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:16 am

Bobby,

Just sent you an e-mail reply. Thanks for your willingness to help out.

dsinternet

Post by dsinternet » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:30 pm

I want to give Google Voice a try again. I got a little frustrated with it when it first came out on Beta, but I feel ready to give it a try again.
Question:
I have family that live long distance that use my 2nd Ooma phone number. If I make my 2nd Ooma phone number into a GVVN number, will they still be able to call me on that number? or do I need to pay for an additional phone number (a 3rd number on my Ooma account)?
Thanks

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:36 pm

dsinternet wrote:If I make my 2nd Ooma phone number into a GVVN number, will they still be able to call me on that number? or do I need to pay for an additional phone number (a 3rd number on my Ooma account)?
Thanks
If you make the 2nd number a GVVN, you won't be able to receive calls on that number and you'll need an additional number, which is $4.99 per month.