Facebook contests & Omma

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
mesrepsj
Facebook contests & Omma

Post by mesrepsj » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:27 pm

I've sent an email, contacted you on twitter as well as facebook and ignored each time.

You had a contest one week ago to post pictures on your wall of your old ooma system whoever was first got the prize. I ran to my hub took a picture with my phone and posted it on your wall. I was first I commented on the photo a friend of mine commented on the photo but you apparently never saw it and gave the item to the "next" winner who scraped the photo from Google images. I posted a screen shot, my friend posted a screen shot I have even a screen shot I took of facebook mobile showing I was first (which you can't reproduce or fake it with photoshop) I even went as far as allowing you to login into my facebook so you can see the wall post for yourself.

You ignored all requests and I'm not happy. At this point it's not about having the free hub at the very least you could have apologized for whatever happened instead of just ignoring me. I was made out to be a cheater when in fact I played by the rules 100%.

Clearly, whoever runs your social contests seems to not have very good customer service skills as I'm not the only one who has issues with your contests and rule bending or rules being made up without being posted. I would like to see you go back to the drawing board with contests maybe have someone else run them. I've been a customer for some time and always rave about your product but your customer service stinks.

Davesworld

Re: Facebook contests & Omma

Post by Davesworld » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:44 pm

The majority of people here are customers and we have nothing to do with the day to day operations of Ooma. In fact many of us don't bother with these contests.

mesrepsj

Post by mesrepsj » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:13 am

Well davesworld then I guess I'm looking for help from the minority :)

Davesworld

Post by Davesworld » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:16 am

While on this subject, I'd like to actually see announcements about something other than giveaways. Since Rich left, that's all I see is contest announcements. I'm honestly trying to figure out why they are offloading all this stuff onto contest winners day in and day out anymore?

mesrepsj

Post by mesrepsj » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:18 am

Didn't they recently get a new VP of marketing? I think she does the 'viral' approach to free marketing which means lots of free gifts/contests etc. Not sure how well it's working though.. whenever I talk about Omma 99.9% of the people have no clue what I'm talking about. ;)

Davesworld

Post by Davesworld » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:11 pm

mesrepsj wrote:Didn't they recently get a new VP of marketing? I think she does the 'viral' approach to free marketing which means lots of free gifts/contests etc. Not sure how well it's working though.. whenever I talk about Omma 99.9% of the people have no clue what I'm talking about. ;)
I'm not sure how long she has been with Ooma. It is also true that Ooma is on a magnitude smaller and less known than Vonage.

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Davesworld wrote:
I'm not sure how long she has been with Ooma. It is also true that Ooma is on a magnitude smaller and less known than Vonage.
I would not be too worried about Tami taking over the Marketing helm - her bio is quite impressive:

Tami Bhaumik joined Ooma, Inc. in May, 2008, to relaunch the Ooma VoIP home phone system and to build the Ooma brand. Tami is responsible for brand advertising, web and viral strategies, channel marketing, tradeshows and events, the Ooma customer experience, and directing all efforts to build awareness to support a global retail sales channel.

Tami brings over 20 years of consumer and high technology marketing experience to the management team at Ooma, Inc. with previous experience at Sling Media, ComVentures, several successful high technology start-ups, Creative Labs, and agency experience with Saatchi & Saatchi, J. Walter Thompson and Goldberg, Moser, O’Neil. She has achieved great success driving marketing strategies and executions on both client and agency sides. Tami has won numerous marketing awards including Addy and Webby awards as well as being awarded the top 25 most impactful tradeshow booths at CES 2007 for her Sling Media presence.

Tami is a member of the Consumer Electronics Association advisory board for the International Consumer Electronics Show and is a graduate of the University of California, Berkeley.

Of course, that bio is suspect since from her picture she looks to be about 25 or maybe 28 at the outside. That means she graduated fro UC Berkeley when she was between 5 and 8 years old :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

mesrepsj

Post by mesrepsj » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:08 pm

You know there was a time when Ooma reps used to read and comment when others had problems. I guess that's out the door too. I guess this company is turning into a bare bones no frills phone service.

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:59 pm

mesrepsj wrote:I guess this company is turning into a bare bones no frills phone service.
Whaddya expect for less than $1/month? ;)
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.

frenchcamp49er

Post by frenchcamp49er » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:05 pm

mesrepsj wrote:Didn't they recently get a new VP of marketing? I think she does the 'viral' approach to free marketing which means lots of free gifts/contests etc. Not sure how well it's working though.. whenever I talk about Omma 99.9% of the people have no clue what I'm talking about. ;)

I got a few friends to join, they all seem to like 'FREE". I let them use my phone most if not all have not noticed anything different other than the price.

The contests are nice, I won a Telo the Friday before last.

I also think they should do more with Best Buy, maybe a show or two with a base as a prize.
Customer Since: January 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Hub/Scout; Telo 04/02/10
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since December 2009)