After leaving a voicemail OOMA Telo power cycles

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
shiznit742
After leaving a voicemail OOMA Telo power cycles

Post by shiznit742 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:22 pm

Anyone having this issue:

After you leave a voicemail the OOMA Telo power cycles?

-I am using the most updated Firmware 35452.
-I am not using a OOMA Telo Handset.
-Connection is Cable Modem > Router > OOMA Telo, I have also tried Cable Modem > OOMA.
-I have a 12Mbps/2Mbps upstream/downstream.
-A landline from AT&T is still connected to the OOMA Telo because I am in the process of waiting for a port of my number.

I first suspected my Panasonic phone but I tried it with a basic corded phone and still ran into this issue. Is this normal? Or is this a solution to an issue addressed in a previous version? Any help will be appreciated, Thanks.

EDIT:

I checked it again and it might not actually by a power cycle or it might be but I watched the OOMA Telo again and I noticed that when the voicemail message ends with the "Thank you for using the OOMA voicemail system" a few seconds after all the lights go out except the "1 and 2." Then all the lights go out for a second and the lights will illuminate following a power on sequence.
Last edited by shiznit742 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

murphy

Re: After leaving a voicemail OOMA Telo power cycles

Post by murphy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Make sure that the power connector is secure. If it's loose the speaker vibration might be enough to make it lose contact.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

shiznit742

Re: After leaving a voicemail OOMA Telo power cycles

Post by shiznit742 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:54 pm

I checked all the obvious causes so I don't think its as simple as a loose connector. I'm sure its not speaker vibration thats causing a loose connection also because after the power cycle I can play the recorded voicemails at the highest sound level for an extended amount of time without having any issues.