Setup problems

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
summer
Setup problems

Post by summer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:24 am

Somehere along the line I mis labeled the new device as "shared" and associated it with my primary number. No matter what I try, I can't change that in set-up. The problem is that the number rings straight into the telo hub answering machine. Yes, I've got the letter icon orange.

I tried setting it up so my primary number that I ported over rings wherever there's a phone. For the couple of days that the phone rang (I can't remember which configuration that was), that was exactly what happened. But then I had to configure the second number to forward directly to a cell phone. This number is now associated with the hub which is also named "shared." but appears to be the wrong shared definition (in other words, I can change it).

The second number is functioning almost perfectly -- it rings directly to the cell. If there is a way to get rid of that delay while you have to press the "1" key to accept the call, I would appreciate learning about it.

The primary number right now will only forward to another cell (with that pesky "press 1" delay) or go straight into the hub answering machine. There are no phone ringing.

Calling out is no problem.

Also, is there any way to get the time zone on everything to reflect Hawaii?

Thanks in frustruation.

murphy

Re: Setup problems

Post by murphy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:34 am

summer wrote:Somehere along the line I mis labeled the new device as "shared" and associated it with my primary number. No matter what I try, I can't change that in set-up. The problem is that the number rings straight into the telo hub answering machine. Yes, I've got the letter icon orange.
If the letter (envelope) icon is orange that means privacy mode is on and all calls go to voicemail.
Push and hold the button until it turns off.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:43 am

Hello,

Currently your account is configured with the 2nd number to be private on the Hub only & you do have MultiRing set on both numbers. Please send me a personal email & we can go from there.

Also, I changed the timezone for you on both numbers. Please allow some time for the
config files to update.

summer

Post by summer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:25 pm

thank you ntoy.

I've emailed you through the foru.