Preparing for ooma service

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
tstack77
Preparing for ooma service

Post by tstack77 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:44 am

I currently have 2 lines in the home (home+office) and am thinking of switching to ooma. Will I need to have AT&T come out and put all the jacks in my house on the same line (I plan on moving both number to ooma)?

Also, since I plan to port over both the home and office lines, when I subscribe to the premiere service will I have to pay $40 for the second line? And how long does porting take?

Thanks

bw1

Re: Preparing for ooma service

Post by bw1 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:00 am

tstack77 wrote:I currently have 2 lines in the home (home+office) and am thinking of switching to ooma. Will I need to have AT&T come out and put all the jacks in my house on the same line (I plan on moving both number to ooma)?

I wouldn't think you would have to have AT&T do anything, but I'm not sure what your setup is. Do you have 2 line wall jacks in all the rooms?

Most houses that have two lines, have both lines going to every outlet, but it's possible that only one of the two lines is connected to a jack depending on the room. This is pretty easy to change yourself by getting two line wall jack outlets from a store (e.g. Home Depot) and wiring both lines. But you may not need to do that, depending on your current setup and how you want to have your new ooma setup.

You'll need to subscribe to ooma Premier in order to have two numbers and you'll need to setup a scout if you want voicemail separate for each number.

Let us know your current and desired setups and I'm sure we can help you get it configured.
tstack77 wrote:Also, since I plan to port over both the home and office lines, when I subscribe to the premiere service will I have to pay $40 for the second line? And how long does porting take?
As far as I can tell, a subscription to ooma Premier includes one number port and the second would be an additional $39.99.

It takes about 4 weeks to port your number.