International Calling and Receiving Issues

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
MPDano
International Calling and Receiving Issues

Post by MPDano » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:14 pm

We are having problems with the International Service only. Sometimes we call and then it connects with only 1 ring, then nothing. Other times it picks up on the other end but I can hear them and they can't hear me. Then it's the other way around.

This is a dial out issue. We can receive fine.

Also, we lose a minute everytime we try and make a call, eventhough it never really connects.
Leo Dano
Ooma User since March 2010

MPDano

Re: International Calling and Receiving Issues

Post by MPDano » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:05 pm

I found this on another post. I thought I would post it here for a possible fix. I have to wait for my wife to test since she makes the calls to Mexico.

For the heck of it, I set mine to 8070. 10x what is on the post. Although I normally get 20-26 Mb's Download Speeds with Cox Cable. Will test at what I have now and make adjustments if need be.
Here's what they asked me to do and after doing this I was able to dial Croatia once, but due to time difference I still have to wait till tomorrow to verify that the fix actually works 100% of the time, since I can't call anyone in the middle of the night.

Connect to setup.ooma.com - this gives you your device's setup page. If you can't get to it, connect your computer directly to "home network" port of Ooma Telo. Click on "advanced" link and set the upstream speed to 85% of your upload bandwidth, For example if speedtest.net tells you your upload is 0.95 Mbps, set Ooma upstream to 807. Mine was at 384 previously. Then reset Ooma.
The first test call after I did this went well, but I had nobody else to call at that time, so let's see what tomorrow brings.
Leo Dano

MPDano

Re: International Calling and Receiving Issues

Post by MPDano » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:26 pm

Well, my wife made her Mexico call and it went through and was louder. That was the fix. Nice forums Ooma. You guys should moderate a lot better.
Leo Dano