how many minutes can voice mail hold?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
ooma-fan
how many minutes can voice mail hold?

Post by ooma-fan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:31 am

I am trying to find out the max minutes/messages the Scouts voicemail could keep, does anyone have the info? Thanks in advance

WayneDsr

Re: how many minutes can voice mail hold?

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:41 am

I know voice mail is held on the ooma servers, not actually in the hub or scout, but I don't think I've ever seen a size limit.

Wayne

ooma-fan

Post by ooma-fan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:55 pm

I accidently sent a conf call to OOMA voice mail, and noted my conf call was recorded to voice mail which was cut off atter 299 seconds.
Lifetime Premier Member

Soundjudgment

Post by Soundjudgment » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:27 am

ooma-fan wrote:I accidently sent a conf call to OOMA voice mail, and noted my conf call was recorded to voice mail which was cut off atter 299 seconds.
Yeah, but that possibly could have been a 'per-call' time limit. I guess the next question would be how many of those 300-second calls can be stored on their servers per account and for how long a period of time?
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:30 am

Sorry, took a while to find this thread -- here's a quote:
The maximum length of a voicemail is 5 minutes. We allocate 1GB of voicemail storage per user, which translates to about 33 hours of voicemail.
Amazon.com discussion
Bobby B

oomg

Post by oomg » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:25 pm

Bobby B wrote:Sorry, took a while to find this thread -- here's a quote:
The maximum length of a voicemail is 5 minutes. We allocate 1GB of voicemail storage per user, which translates to about 33 hours of voicemail.
Amazon.com discussion
Is that limit per line? ... per telephone number? or??? How do users know if they are approaching the limit?

oomg
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:03 pm

That's per-account. If you have a private device setup with it's own voicemail box, it will have a separate quota. There is currently no way to tell how much space you are using.

ooma_try

and when the limit is reached??

Post by ooma_try » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:06 am

What happens when the 1GB limit is reached? We really need a way to delete voicemails from the system. Thanks.

oomg

Post by oomg » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:53 am

oomg wrote:
Bobby B wrote:Sorry, took a while to find this thread -- here's a quote:
Is that limit per line? ... per telephone number? or??? How do users know if they are approaching the limit?

oomg
Dennis P wrote:That's per-account. If you have a private device setup with it's own voicemail box, it will have a separate quota. There is currently no way to tell how much space you are using.

Thanks for the response. O.K.; per account. So if I have Premium service with the instant second line, is that considered one account? How about if I have opted to add a third telephone number... still one account?

My prior question still remains: How do users know if they are approaching the limit?

Don't get me wrong. ooma's voicemail is just a little more than a light year ahead of the other integrated voice mail systems that I have used (e.g. AT&T and T-Mobile's @home) and virtually every cellular voice mail system that I or any of my friends or business associates have used. But, primarily for business reasons, I try to preserve voice mail messages, and thus, would prefer that these messages not be inadvertently deleted.

oomg

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

oomg

Re: and when the limit is reached??

Post by oomg » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:41 am

ooma_try wrote:What happens when the 1GB limit is reached? We really need a way to delete voicemails from the system. Thanks.
They can be deleted while in the ooma lounge by moving them to the trash bin. I think they can also be deleted by pressing the trash button on the Hub or Scout while you are reviewing saved messages.

oomg