Ooma Locking Up

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
therin
Ooma Locking Up

Post by therin » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:01 am

I have recently installed my Ooma, and I it worked for about 1 day. The problem I am having is this: After making a call (not always, just sometimes), the ooma doesn't respond. I cannot get a dialtone, I cannot hear the next caller if I answer the phone, and the buttons on the ooma do not respond. I cannot play voicemail, but someone can leave me a voicemail message. The only way to fix this is to power cycle the unit, which has to be done a few times a day. Please help!

Groundhound

Re: Ooma Locking Up

Post by Groundhound » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:32 am

therin wrote:I have recently installed my Ooma, and I it worked for about 1 day. The problem I am having is this: After making a call (not always, just sometimes), the ooma doesn't respond. I cannot get a dialtone, I cannot hear the next caller if I answer the phone, and the buttons on the ooma do not respond. I cannot play voicemail, but someone can leave me a voicemail message. The only way to fix this is to power cycle the unit, which has to be done a few times a day. Please help!
Not much to go on, the more info you provide the easier it will be for someone to help. What kind of Ooma device do you have, Hub or Telo? What button lights and color does it display? How is it connected to your network?

therin

Post by therin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:36 pm

I have an Ooma Telo, it is connected via Opion 2b, running QOS on the firewall, using port forwarding with ports specified by tech support. I have a landline backup. I was told by customer service that I was unable to contact the Ooma server. Lights #1 was red, light #2 was flashing red. After a power cycle, the unit began operating ok. Today I had the following problem: After receiving a call, I was unable to receive subsequent calls. The phone would ring, and when I answered it, I heard a dialtone. The caller heard nothing. Voicemail is setup, but it does not turn on if I do not answer the phone. I then called line 2 (number provided by Ooma thru trial of Premier) from my cell phone after discovering the problem, and I was able to speak to my husband just fine. The system then locked up. Light #1 became red, light #2 was flashing red. The ooma setup page showed everything as setup and connected, and I was able to browse the network from a laptop connected to the home port of the Ooma. The firewall showed the Telo to be connected to Ooma servers. At this point the phone stopped ringing when I attempted to call from my cell phone, and the only was to get it back was to power cycle the Telo again. Any help would be appreciated.

inrame

Post by inrame » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:37 pm

it kind of sounds (to me anyway) that the transmissions are being blocked by the router. have you tried installing it before the router, at least to just try and see if you have the same problems? if you don't, then you have good reason to believe it is network config.