can not make international call

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
fcwr09
can not make international call

Post by fcwr09 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:08 pm

My ooma telo has been working fine since last December until last week. I can not make international calls now. when I dial direct number to China, It dials, goes through the account balance announcement, rings one time and dead. If I keep trying, I might get through once every 20 times.

So I try to place a call with a prepaid phone card. I dialed a local access number and entered the pin, but the phone card system can not validate my pin, says my pin is invalid. I can use the same pin on my cell without any problem.

Now I am stuck and can not make international calls. I believe something is changed with my ooma setting, please help!

wendavid

Re: can not make international call

Post by wendavid » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:43 pm

Try another calling card and it may work. We have been using the card from onesuite.com to make international calls (include China) over Telo and never had problem.

fcwr09

Post by fcwr09 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:23 am

Thank you for the information. I have been using the same prepaid phone card with my Telo without problem until last Sunday when my cable internet was out of service for half day. Both direct dial and phone card stopped working ever since the internet service was back. I believe some setting was changed on my cable internet company side but I don't what is changed. Is there any way I can find it out and adjust my telo accordingly?

rvs51

Post by rvs51 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:58 am

I am having the same problem presently. I called the support number for help and they confirm to me that there is a bug in the system.It has been three weeks now since I complained about it and they still have not resolved it. Everytime I called for an update, all they tell me is they are working on it.It's very frustrating and I am seriously considering cancelling and ask for a refund.The tech support in this company really sucks. Good luck to you and please post something if your situation changed.

murphy

Post by murphy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:34 am

fcwr09 wrote:Thank you for the information. I have been using the same prepaid phone card with my Telo without problem until last Sunday when my cable internet was out of service for half day. Both direct dial and phone card stopped working ever since the internet service was back. I believe some setting was changed on my cable internet company side but I don't what is changed. Is there any way I can find it out and adjust my telo accordingly?
Power cycle your cable modem.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

miano

Post by miano » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:38 pm

I cannot make any calls to Japan starting about a week ago. I live in Los Angeles.
It keeps ringing and nobody picks it up. But actually when a receiver hears a ring and picks it up, she only hears silence.
I reported the problem to the ooma customer service last Saturday but so far not fixed. It's been very frustrating.

iagoed

Post by iagoed » Sun May 16, 2010 5:53 pm

I am having same problem as Miano. I was able to make international calls to Japan without a problem couple months ago, however since then, I may get through 1 out of 20 times. Phone just keeps ringing and ringing, even if other end picks up.

aaplfan

Post by aaplfan » Tue May 18, 2010 10:46 pm

I had similar problem calling China and this is what they recommended:

I was trying to dial 011-86-021-(local number)

From Ooma support:
"With regard to calling in Shanghai, China can you please try to dial the number again without the "0" before the 21. Try dialing this format instead 011 + 86 +21 + local number."

Seems to work now...