Voicemail - Hearing message as it's left

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
CosmoD
Voicemail - Hearing message as it's left

Post by CosmoD » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:14 am

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, if it's not please don't flame :) New here and was wondering if there is a way to hear a voicemail as it's being left through the Telo's.

Thanks
Cos

Groundhound

Re: Voicemail - Hearing message as it's left

Post by Groundhound » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:30 am

Yes, it's a Premier feature called "Call Screening" and you turn it on in my.ooma.

2spirit

Post by 2spirit » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:38 am

Call Screening is available as part of the Premier Subscription's Enhanced Voicemail. If you are a subscriber, or are in a free trial of Premier, you should be able to hear the caller's message. But please note that the Telo speaker is not very loud. Touching the speaker icon on the Telo will cycle it through different levels . . . from mute to audible (at the highest level). For me, the caller's message can be heard much more easily on the speaker of the Telo handset.
Telo w/ 2 Ooma Handsets
Annual Premier Subscriber

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:10 am

CosmoD wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to ask, if it's not please don't flame :) Thanks
Cos
First off, welcome to ooma and to the forum! You are going to find that the forum is unlike most others - lots of very knowledgeable people who love to help. I've found this to be one of the most civil board anyplace, but as long as you avoid some of the following nasty faults, you will be fine.

Sure ways to get negative comments:
1. Double post the same issue in multiple areas or create multiple threads in the same area.
2. Use the forum for the sole purpose of promoting a competing product.
3. Use of offense language or anything that is meant to insult another user or their faith / lack of faith.

Other than that, we're pretty cool! And we're glad you're here. :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

CosmoD

Post by CosmoD » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:26 am

Knew it was easy :) Thanks much and thanks for the welcome. Can't say enough great things about Ooma. Will soon have my entire family and friends on it.