Telo Handset Quality; Handset Configuration

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
DMRNYC
Telo Handset Quality; Handset Configuration

Post by DMRNYC » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:12 am

Two questions:

1. I would like to know whether people are having more positive impressions of the Telo handset.

2. If I don't go the Telo handset route, I need to reconfigure my cordless phone arrangement to enhance reception from the 5.8 Uniden base unit, which, since I have subscribed to Telo, has been moved to my cable modem, which is less favorable for reception. I have been told by Uniden that the 6.0 DECT system would improve reception, which would be an alternative to the Telo handset. Any opinions?

Thanks,

DMR in NYC

southsound

Re: Telo Handset Quality; Handset Configuration

Post by southsound » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:39 am

I use a Uniden DECT 6.0 1580-5 (5 handset) system on my Telo, along with 2 Telo handsets. My favorite (for screen display) is the Uniden - but the Telo handset has a great contacts list (imported from my GV account) and is able to use my second line - something I cannot do with the Uniden alone. If you are going to subscribe to Premier (recommended) I would consider getting at least one or two of the Telo handsets and adding the Uniden DECT 6.0 1580-5 to fill out your system. You can also buy the Uniden system with less handsets, but I bought mine for less than $80 on sale and to me it is a great bargain. No more running for phones when they ring!
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

jcarcopo

Post by jcarcopo » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:11 am

How are you able to import your GV contacts? I have GVE turned on and configured, but am not sure how to get GV contacts to show up on my telo handset. What software are you running? I am still waiting on 35862. Thanks!

bw1

Post by bw1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:34 am

jcarcopo wrote:How are you able to import your GV contacts? I have GVE turned on and configured, but am not sure how to get GV contacts to show up on my telo handset. What software are you running? I am still waiting on 35862. Thanks!
It has nothing to do with GVE. You have to export your GV contacts to Outlook and then import the Outlook contacts to Ooma.

DMRNYC

Post by DMRNYC » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:40 pm

As an update, my issues have been resolved. TimeWarner updated the building cable (I did not receive a new modem). I also upgraded my service one level, and I purchased the Uniden 1580 DECT 6.0 handsets (package of 5). Reception is clear. Life is great. As an oddity, during first use, I could not get outgoing touchtone recognition (on 4/18-4/19). By the end of 4/19, that remedied itself.

Thanks all!