Recent Call Logs and Blacklist Gone

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
beachbum
Recent Call Logs and Blacklist Gone

Post by beachbum » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:05 pm

I noticed today that my recent calls from at least today were not on the call log. I noticed this morning because I got another telemarketer call and it wasn't on the call log to easily mark as Blacklist. I manually input the number in the Blacklist and logged out.

Later today, I got another call and tried to do the same. That is when I noticed that my Blacklist was empty. It was there this morning when I added the other number. I really hope the list will come back. I had several telemarketer numbers and I get a lot of calls for someone that has never been here (Collections Agencies). The agencies never believe that the person does not or has never lived here and keep calling and threatening. So, I would really like my Blacklist back.

And yes, I checked with other browsers and it's the same. I usually use Opera which has never had a problem, though. And I tried the "Go to the Preferences > Phone Numbers" first, and the same.

Any ideas, help?

Thanks.

Sauropod

Re: Recent Call Logs and Blacklist Gone

Post by Sauropod » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Mine disappeared as well! It was working yesterday for sure. The phone rang and to my surprise it was a # I had blacklisted. I logged into my.ooma and lo and behold blacklist was gone and none of today's calls were showing up in the call log. Yesterday's call did show up though in the call log.

Any ideas?

Sauropod

Post by Sauropod » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:26 pm

I should add my Ooma service says 75 days left so it isn't that my Premium has expired.

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Hey Sauropod,

Did you recently add or modify your Blacklist?

And my Premier is also current.

I have a friend that does not have Premier and his logs appear to be current, ie he has records from today. But of course, he doesn't have a Blacklist so we can't check that.

I just really don't want to lose all those Blacklisted numbers. I had finally got it to where I was getting very few telemarketer calls and I was pretty happy about it.

Sauropod

Post by Sauropod » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:53 pm

Funny you ask. When I logged in and noticed I had no blacklists I ran through my phone's caller ID and saw a new # from today so I went ahead and added that #. I also thought by doing this it might magically refresh my blacklist. I manually entered the # as it wasn't on my call log from today and clicked save. It said it saved but when I clicked View all blacklist it wasn't there.

I am truly hoping it is something on the Ooma server side as my unsolicited calls also have shrunk to a trickle.

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:36 pm

Interesting. So, even after trying to add another number the Blacklist shows empty. It sounds like database corruption. Or that the records are lost because of a corrupted key value. Yeah, I am a geek that writes software for a living...

Mine wasn't empty until after I tried to manually add a number. It showed up on the list but the next time I logged in, which was a couple of hours later, the entire list was gone. Which if there was a corruption, the modification could throw things out of whack.

I hope Bobby or someone can help us.

debs0917

Post by debs0917 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:08 am

All my blacklist numbers are gone? This isn't the 1st time it's happened - please let me know if and when it will be fixed - I really hate to start all over - that is one of the reasons I pay extra for Premier :x

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:21 am

This isn't the 1st time for you, debs? Did you get your Blacklist back when it happened before?

Mine is still empty and I had several numbers on it before it went 'poof'.

And I still do not have any Call Logs from yesterday...

Help us Bobby, et al!!!

debs0917

Post by debs0917 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:39 am

No I had to enter them again...I hope that's not the case this time

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:44 am

They should have a backup of the Blacklists somewhere... I work on large IT systems for a living and backups are a way of life.

But my Blacklist was very comprehensive and I shouldn't have to rebuild it. Not to mention that I don't remember a way to export the list like the Call Logs. I can't check that now, though...