Call drops to "OOMA Tone" as soon as other line picks up

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Candysse
Call drops to "OOMA Tone" as soon as other line picks up

Post by Candysse » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:18 am

Can anyone explain this -- and how to stop it? Just started the other day when I came back from a trip and turned off call-forwarding, which I had directed to my cell while I was away. Call forwarding is back to normal, but when I dial out, it rings once, then switches to the "Oooma tone" before disconnecting.

Help!

Thanks

Re: Call drops to "OOMA Tone" as soon as other line picks up

Post by 5629434862 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:41 pm

I am having the same problem. Support sez that they are investigating--for five days now!! No one will give me an answer as to what is happening. Good luck---ooma has really left me with a big problem as this is my only way to call out---just ported my number to them. Thanks ooma

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:23 pm

It's probably a symptom of Ooma's termination partner for the call not accepting the codecs that Ooma's network is telling them it has available. If I'm right, it's usually an issue they'll have to work out on their network or with the partner or by using a different partner for those calls. The one exception would be if you have LOW bandwidth conditions on your Internet connection and you can improve that to broaden the selection of codecs that can be used for the call.
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:05 am

5629434862 wrote:I am having the same problem. Support sez that they are investigating--for five days now!! No one will give me an answer as to what is happening. Good luck---ooma has really left me with a big problem as this is my only way to call out---just ported my number to them. Thanks ooma
You should have a backup for any VoIP service, since it relies on both power and your internet connection.

If you don't have a cell phone, you can get a prepaid cell phone from stores like Walmart or Target for about $20 or less. Even if you don't pay any extra for service, you would still be able to use it to dial 911. You may want to check which prepaid cell service would have the best coverage from your home.

arkumar15

Post by arkumar15 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:20 am

For the last two days i have a similar problem. Ooma is disconnecting by itself very often. I can't make and receive calls too. The power is on and also the internet is working fine. It has never happened like this. I don't know what is going on. I have the original hub.

www7458

Post by www7458 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:31 am

Hi - anyone still having this problem? I just hooked up ooma hub with core service yesterday, and I've noticed about 50% of my calls are dropping as soon as the other party picks up. This is occurring on inbound and outbound calls. I have pretty solid internet connection, and a long time phonepower.com without having this kind of drops. Any help would be greatly appreciated.