Call Logs empty?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
richalger
Re: Call Logs empty?

Post by richalger » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:51 pm

I cannot see any logs for today. I can See Tues day logs now. Yesterday I could not.

DMRNYC

Post by DMRNYC » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:46 am

I am having the same problem. I have no call log for yesterday and an incomplete call log for Tuesday.

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:06 am

I received a call yesterday that I want to block in the future, but it's not showing on my log. If Ooma's no longer updating those logs dynamically, it's going to take some of the value out of the blacklist feature. :cry:
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:18 am

I started another topic because not only are my Call Logs not updating but my Blacklist has been wiped out and is empty. It may have happened when I tried to manually add a number to the Blacklist since I couldn't do it from the Call Log.

Has anyone in this topic checked their Blacklists? Is anyone else having the same problem?

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:20 am

beachbum wrote:I started another topic because not only are my Call Logs not updating but my Blacklist has been wiped out and is empty. It may have happened when I tried to manually add a number to the Blacklist since I couldn't do it from the Call Log.

Has anyone in this topic checked their Blacklists? Is anyone else having the same problem?
Yes, my blacklists are also missing. It's probably just an issue with the web site display. Hopefully they'll have it fixed soon.

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:27 am

I am getting several calls from telemarketers that I am pretty sure were on my Blacklist. Someone else from the other topic said that they were definitely getting calls from numbers that were on the Blacklist. And that they tried to add another number after it was cleared and the new one didn't show up either, the Blacklist still showed up empty.

I have tried Chrome, IE, FF, and Opera and all show the Blacklist as empty. I think our lists are lost... I really hope not because it took me a long time to compile it to where I was getting hardly any telemarketer calls. But the last two days, I have had several. The Do Not Call system didn't work as well as the Blacklist. I REALLY want my Blacklist back...

oomairvine

Post by oomairvine » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:21 am

I do not have any call logs for Tue Apr 20 either.

Abram

Post by Abram » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:22 am

My call logs are not updating since yesterday. I had this issue some time back and had to call Customer Support to get it fixed. Then few days back it went completly blank and now this. The Call Logs seem to be very flaky and not at all reliable.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Ok, we're working on a fix now. Important: Please do NOT reboot your Telo or Hub during this time, otherwise your call log records from today or yesterday may not appear. I'll update this thread when it starts back up again.
Abram wrote:My call logs are not updating since yesterday. I had this issue some time back and had to call Customer Support to get it fixed. Then few days back it went completly blank and now this. The Call Logs seem to be very flaky and not at all reliable.
Bobby B

VoIP

Post by VoIP » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Bobby B wrote:Ok, we're working on a fix now. Important: Please do NOT reboot your Telo or Hub during this time, otherwise your call log records from today or yesterday may not appear. I'll update this thread when it starts back up again.

I had to reboot my router today ( for reasons unrelated to Ooma), usually that's not an issue for Ooma, it re-establishes without intervention if DSL ever drops. Not today though, it became necessary for for me to reboot Telo as several minutes had passed and Ooma showed no signs of self recovery. Telo did recover after I rebooted it, but at that point in the day I had not checked the online call logs or even checked in on the forum to see this topic. I highly doubt that I would have done things differently had I read this first, I would rather lose logging for a few calls instead of service altogether.

None of my inbound or outbound calls have logged in my.ooma today either before or since the Telo reboot. I'm mostly adding this entry to point out that it was unusual for Telo not to recover on it's own when the network recovered, maybe the two were somehow related since it has now been suggested the a reboot could affect call logs. All I can say for certain is that something seems to have affected Telo and its ability to self recover from a network disruption.
Last edited by VoIP on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.