Recent Call Logs and Blacklist Gone

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Groundhound
Re: Recent Call Logs and Blacklist Gone

Post by Groundhound » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:02 am

beachbum wrote:They should have a backup of the Blacklists somewhere... I work on large IT systems for a living and backups are a way of life.

But my Blacklist was very comprehensive and I shouldn't have to rebuild it. Not to mention that I don't remember a way to export the list like the Call Logs. I can't check that now, though...
It would be nice if there was an import/export function for blacklists - that would at least mitigate the problem. My blacklist has now disappeared for the second time. Fortunately for me I only had 3 entries so it's not a big deal.

Edit: Also my call logs stopped registering new calls yesterday morning.

Sauropod

Post by Sauropod » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:00 am

I reentered my blacklists last night only to have them not appear this morning.

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:20 am

Sauropod wrote:I reentered my blacklists last night only to have them not appear this morning.
Hmmmm...

This kind of tells me that the Blacklist is probably (hopefully) still on their system but it is not where the program/method that My Ooma uses to get the list expects it to be. And that is may be because the program/method of adding of the Blacklist numbers probably did not put it in the right place or in the place the other programs/methods expect it to be. Although, deleted is also the wrong place...

Kind of like when your spouse tells you that they put your keys on your spot on the "key ring hook". You go to the kitchen where it has always been to look but just see your empty hook. Then you find out that your spouse got a whole different place to hang your keys by the garage door but never told you about it. The keys still exist, just not where they were "supposed" to be.

Which would make sense that I lost my list AFTER I tried to manually add a Blacklist number. Especially, since two bullets on the release notes for the My Ooma version that was released on 04/20 (the day that these problems started) says:

"Fix problem with call log not displaying"
"Fix problem with add to blacklist form from call log"

I sincerely hope the data (Blacklist and Call Logs) is/are still available and retrievable. If it is what I hope it is, it's pretty common and I have seen many systems do this very thing. In most cases like this, it was as simple as the date range for data retrieval not being sent properly. Although, the programmers were "spanked" for these errors. Rarely, it was <shudder> something worse but that has to do with techy things like scope or parameter mismatches that created horrid things that I would rather not think about... Usually, those programmers were more than "spanked"...

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:08 pm

I just had a call that was definitely on my Blacklist...

And within the last hour or two, my Call Log just came up with a record from yesterday at 10:19am CDT. I will check back later and see if more from yesterday start to show up.

Sauropod

Post by Sauropod » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:52 pm

I just checked and mine is still showing 4/20 at 8:22pm EST as the last time I had a call logged. Blacklist still out of commission though.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Check out this post by Bobby.

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:17 pm

Thanks! Hopefully, this will also fix the Blacklist problem, too. I can live without a few calls on the Call Log but it will be much more difficult without my original Blacklist. Especially, since I have had several unwanted calls today alone...

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Most calls are in my Call Log now but not all from yesterday but Blacklist is still empty.

Can I get my Blacklist back?

Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes...

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:10 am

I have had the following message on my Call Log page since last night:

"We are currently working on restoring the call log records that were missing from the past couple days. We expect to have this page back up by tomorrow morning."

It is now 12:07pm CDT. Any ideas of when it will be back?

But I will gladly give up some of my call log records to have my Blacklist back. I have had so many unwanted calls for the past few days that I am about to unlink my Multi-Ring and unplug my phone.

Soundjudgment

Post by Soundjudgment » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:39 pm

beachbum wrote:Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes...
"So let it be written... and now it is done."
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>