Recent Call Logs and Blacklist Gone

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
beachbum
Re: Recent Call Logs and Blacklist Gone

Post by beachbum » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:46 pm

My Call Log is now working but is missing some calls. But I really don't care about that because my phones have their own Call Logs.

But trying to add a number to the Blacklist still FAILED... I did not want to try in case adding a new number would overwrite my 'real' Blacklist causing my original list to be unrecoverable. I PM'd Bobby B and asked but have still had no response either here or PM. So, after days of several unwanted calls, I tried to add one of the calls to the Blacklist from the Call Log. It showed the red slash indicator and showed on the Blacklist. But logging out and logging back in... IT'S GONE... Blank Blacklist again...

I am a so angry at the person with bad credit that gave out my phone number that I have had for years and this issue is attempting to redirect my anger to ooma. So to try to help, I have unlinked Multi-Ring and unplugged my phone, not the ooma, just the phone <sigh>. This really bites...

Has anyone successfully been able to use their Blacklist? Was there anyone that never had any problems with their Blacklist? Can a rep from ooma please give us an update?

frenchcamp49er

Post by frenchcamp49er » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:12 pm

My blacklist are gone also. :cry:
Customer Since: January 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Hub/Scout; Telo 04/02/10
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since December 2009)

detoxic

Post by detoxic » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:44 pm

I've been re-adding the same numbers to the blacklist everyday for the last few days.

Please fix this... blacklists are the only reason I pay for Premiere :(

coldsteel

Post by coldsteel » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:14 am

I'm not really having problems with my call logs or blacklist other than the mod_sofia entries appear to have been replaced with a number of 'blank' numbers now. My block list and call logs are still there (knock on wood).

However, considering the number of questions and requests for this problem to be fixed it is becoming a bigger issue only because OOMA isn't saying anything - is there a common problem scenario among the users - ie they are on an upgraded server or something? or they are on a regional database server that crashed and was restored from backup? what's the deal and why is it taking so long to (1) explain what the cause is (2) explain what will be done to correct (3) estimate the time to correct said problem?

I was trying to email the above to the OOMA execs to maybe get an answer and just noticed that none of them post an email address to contact them not even the VP's of Marketing or Sales? That's not a very consumer friendly and accessible image to be projecting? Seems like they may need a consumer marketing exec and a decent PR firm.
Own: 1 Hub, 1 Scout ... "Common Sense Information Technology" is the focus of http://winstonlawrence.com/notebook/

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:50 am

I'm glad that you aren't having problems with the Blacklist. I have never had problems with the Blacklist until I tried to add a number during the Call Log issue. This may be a clue. But I just tried again to add a number and when I log out and back in, it is gone...

I completely agree about the bigger issue being no response to any of us. This is obviously an issue and to leave us hanging is not good at all. I am a software consultant that creates systems for very large to medium sized companies and response is a very big deal. Because when your company's products, image, or customer relations look bad, your company looks bad.

Issues, especially I.T. issues are a way of life. Change is not only necessary, it is inevitable. And with change can come integration issues. But my clients would be out of business if they didn't make their customers comfortable during these issues. That's really the key. And my company would be out of business if my clients looked bad because of me or mine, especially if they weren't kept in the loop about it so they could inform their customers.

We pride ourselves on thorough testing before going into production. We have multiple levels and environments for this purpose to limit issues. Maybe ooma needs some volunteer beta testers. Instead of letting the all the premier customers beta the new stuff, let the the smaller group of volunteers test things before it hits everyone. I would be first in line for this. If they have this already, I still volunteer to be in on this.

So IMO we need three things:

1) If you are having Blacklist issues, quickly put a comment here simply saying "I'm having the same Blacklist issue."

2) For ooma to put up something in the sticky at least saying they are working on the issue and it seems to be affecting people that <do or don't do something>.

3) For ooma to set up a small group of volunteer beta testers (I VOLUNTEER) to check out things against a duplicate sample database BEFORE it goes into production. Again, if they have this already, I still volunteer.

Just my 2¢

kruegs

Post by kruegs » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:05 pm

Count me in as another one who has the mysterious disappearing blacklist. Had about a dozen numbers, all of which are gone. I re-entered a few and logged out, then back in and now they are gone. WTF.

trichert

Post by trichert » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:40 pm

My blacklist is gone, has been gone and i'm getting very irratated. This is a software fix and it seems obvious Ooma is not taking this seriously as a major issue. My phone is ringing off the hook with people / creditors / etc i had blocked. 4 days is waaaaaaaay too long of an outage for something completely in ooma's control !

lollipop

Post by lollipop » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:48 pm

+1. I reported the issue to the support team this morning. I a with beachbum, though. There is a community of fans who are willing to donate their time to make the product better. This is what Web 2.0 is all about. Let the volunteers helps and harvest the energy of the friendly masses for the benefit of all.

jimck

Post by jimck » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:15 am

I lost my blacklist yesterday. I added one more thinking it would refresh, but it is gone. I think I will wait on the Premier service.

jimck

Post by jimck » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:21 am

Just added another number on 4/25/10 and it is gone!