Recent Call Logs and Blacklist Gone

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
coldsteel
Re: Recent Call Logs and Blacklist Gone

Post by coldsteel » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:29 am

I knew I shouldn't have posted :-)
My call log data is okay but now my block list entries appear to have gone away - numbers that had been blocked for months are now crawling back out from whatever telemarketing rock they've been festering under sigh:

I agree with Beachbum's comments as well - I have well over 15 years IT experience and certainly know how to setup production, qa and test environments, implement rollout (and backout) plans, e.t.c - this does not seem to have been handled well on OOMA's part at all and might still be excused - what is not excusable is a lack of communication from OOMA management. This is "Marketing 101" guys - customers come first (or at least act as if they do), treat them with respect (this means the same way you would expect to be treated), acknowledge problems when they occur etc etc. Again, it seems like they need to hire a consumer marketing exec and then a decent PR firm to take direction from that exec - Twitter and Facebook promotions are fine but make sure that you take care of the core business requirements first.
Own: 1 Hub, 1 Scout ... "Common Sense Information Technology" is the focus of http://winstonlawrence.com/notebook/

hpsan

Post by hpsan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:59 pm

I believe that Coldsteel has stated the case very eloquently. As a point of information, as of April 10, 2010, business reporting services showed Tami Bhaumik as the Vice President of Corporate Marketing, Ooma, Inc. She has a very impressive work background, and without a doubt, must be very aware that customer goodwill is a mandatory factor in a successful Ooma, Inc. business model. Her published toll free telephone number at Ooma in Palo Alto is listed as 866-452-6662. Perhaps she will be kind enough to take this matter to heart, and take the necessary steps towards improving Ooma's communications with all of us who have spent our hard earned money in purchasing Ooma's products.

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:39 pm

From the comments on here, it looks like adding a number to the Blacklist trashes it. But there is nothing on the status page about Blacklists so...

To be on the safe side, anyone that still has their Blacklist should NOT try to add anymore. Either from Call Log or manually.

Hopefully, this is a clue to ooma on how to fix it or at least where to find the nasty code responsible.

ooma?

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:08 am

I am still unable to get Blacklist to work at all. Tried again today and I can't add numbers and my original list is still gone.

Unfortunately, I have to reactivate the Multi-Ring. Which means that my cell will now be ringing like crazy again but I have no choice.

Please someone, fix this...

kruegs

Post by kruegs » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:43 am

Has anyone from Ooma even recognized that this is an issue (and a widespread one at that judging from the responses here)?

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:53 am

Ok we're working on fixing two issues here:

1. For the folks that have reported losing blacklist entries - we'll either be restoring them automatically. We're aiming to have this done by 4/29.

2. If you're having issues adding entries - we're aiming to get a fix out by 4/28.
Bobby B

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:05 am

Bobby B wrote:Ok we're working on fixing two issues here:

1. For the folks that have reported losing blacklist entries - we'll either be restoring them automatically. We're aiming to have this done by 4/29.

2. If you're having issues adding entries - we're aiming to get a fix out by 4/28.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

To clarify, only those with trouble tickets will have their Blacklist restored?

THANKS AGAIN!

feartheturtle

Post by feartheturtle » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:16 am

Bobby B wrote:
~~ 1. For the folks that have reported losing blacklist entries - we'll either be restoring them automatically. We're aiming to have this done by 4/29. ~~
Bobby B:
Can you please clarify? Our blacklist looked fine up until yesterday (I hadn't checked it since mid-week, say 21-Apr), but when I checked it yesterday it was completely blank. All the entries are gone. So, will Ooma provide a system wide restore of all blacklists, or will it be only for those who contact CS? If you are doing a system wide restore, will it be based on entries that existed at some fixed point (date) in the past? Thanks for your help!

theXman

Post by theXman » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:28 am

Same here. I recently added a number to the blacklist. It's completely gone now. I added a few more this morning, then logged out and later logged back in the list is empty again. My premier is still in effect.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:57 am

Yes, we're going to restore blacklists system-wide for all folks that have lost entries.
-Bobby
feartheturtle wrote:So, will Ooma provide a system wide restore of all blacklists, or will it be only for those who contact CS? If you are doing a system wide restore, will it be based on entries that existed at some fixed point (date) in the past? Thanks for your help!
Bobby B