Rings then back to dial tone

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
PHXHoward
Rings then back to dial tone

Post by PHXHoward » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:26 am

Hi, I have a new Telo.

I tried twice to call my Aunt this morning in Los Angeles. Both times, the phone would ring about four times then I would get the Ooma dial tone again.

What could be causing this?

kspicer

Re: Rings then back to dial tone

Post by kspicer » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:45 pm

PHXHoward wrote:Hi, I have a new Telo.

I tried twice to call my Aunt this morning in Los Angeles. Both times, the phone would ring about four times then I would get the Ooma dial tone again.

What could be causing this?
No clue. I'm having the same problem. It doesn't happen when I call my cell (Tmobile) or Ooma, but it happens when I call local numbers (Moreno Valley, CA).

dxt55

Post by dxt55 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Same here. It's happening with an Ooma Hub I recently hooked up. It basically goes to dialtone when the phone is answered. e.g. happens when I call my current home phone or Best Buy, but not some other stores.

dxt55

Post by dxt55 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:37 pm

Forgot to mention my issues are in calling a Los Angeles area number too.

Just confirmed this to be happening with another Ooma user as well...the same numbers that don't work for me don't work for him either.

Shoktronic

Post by Shoktronic » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:15 am

I am having the same problem. This has been happening for 3 weeks now. It is getting really frustrating and no one seems to know anything or why this is happening. Business calls I have been making are getting upset as well. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

I don't want to have to switch back to a regular phone.

Please someone fix this!!!

Post by 9096467933 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Same problem?

southsound

Post by southsound » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:14 pm

9096467933 wrote:Same problem?
You may have an additional problem if your username is also your actual phone number. Anyone trolling for numbers can see it in the postings of the forum. You might want to call support and have them change it to something that will not cause you grief.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Post by 5629434862 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi Frustrated Ooma Users:

My problem began when my number was ported last Friday the 16th. I can receive calls, but can`t call out. Ooma continues to tell me that they are investigating the problem!!!!????? The supervisor tells me that they ar sorry with no information as to how serious the problem is or when it will be resolved.

Is this problem I am having telling me that the system will be plagued with problems in the future---I have read that other people have had problems like this, but assumed that the problems were temporary.

How reliable is OOMA??????

David Walter 4-19-2010

NEW REPORT

Ooma has finally solved the problem. After 5 days, my phone finally works GREAT!!!!

4-21-2010

winghead

Post by winghead » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:36 pm

I've been having the same problem, Sometimes in the middle of a call it will just drop and I hear the Ooma tone! Has there been an explanation yet on how to fix it?

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:15 pm

I've posted this theory before in other threads reporting this issue and no one from Ooma has confirmed or denied it.
DTMF wrote:It's probably a symptom of Ooma's termination partner for the call not accepting the codecs that Ooma's network is telling them it has available. If I'm right, it's usually an issue they'll have to work out on their network or with the partner or by using a different partner for those calls. The one exception would be if you have LOW bandwidth conditions on your Internet connection and you can improve that to broaden the selection of codecs that can be used for the call.
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.