CWCID is working now!

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Davesworld
Re: CWCID is working now!

Post by Davesworld » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:11 pm

mbehensky wrote:Still usually no caller id (says "NO DATA"), never CWCID on GE DECT 6.0 cordless phone. Can someone post the make and model number of a phone that actually works so I can go buy one?
It isn't the phone. The phone cannot display what it doesn't have.

philw132

Post by philw132 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:29 am

Im not sure how/why everyone says CWCID works/doesnt work because I just spent 2 days with tech support going back and forth and they said
Our apologies for the inconvenience. Please be informed that inbound call waiting caller ID for telo unit is not available yet. Our engineers are still working on it and rest assured that you will be notified once its already live. We apologize for the inconvenience. Caller ID on Call Waiting is still not rolled out to customers since it is still in testing process and not yet guaranteed. As of this email, there is no estimated time of release for it. We keep ourselves updated as much as possible with regard to the new features currently on test. Please bear with us.
needless to say i was a little disappointed since the caller id on call waiting displays information on the multi ring environment. I was with comcast, then i went to magicjack and magicjack promised alot of features and said for years "our engineers are working on it" and it makes me really second guess the information that ooma is telling me, i hope they surprise me and really do roll out with promised features
Customer Since: 4/6/10
Service/Hardware: Telo w/ bluetooth
Premier Expires: 6/02/12
Comcast Port: 4/15/10 - 5/17/10
Internet: Comcast Cable Top Speed Tier
Setup: Motorola SB6120 -> Cisco E3000 -> Telo
Phone: Vtech DECT 6.0 3-Handset / 1 Telo Handset

bw1

Post by bw1 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:14 am

They've had problems with it working with different versions of firmware and with different phone systems. Based on what I've seen they've been working on fixing it, but maybe not figured out exactly what's causing the problem. I've had it work and not work with my Panasonic cordless phones.

Yesterday, I had it work successfully on both the Telo handsets and Panasonic handsets with Telo version 35862.

philw132

Post by philw132 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:30 am

bw1 wrote:They've had problems with it working with different versions of firmware and with different phone systems. Based on what I've seen they've been working on fixing it, but maybe not figured out exactly what's causing the problem. I've had it work and not work with my Panasonic cordless phones.

Yesterday, I had it work successfully on both the Telo handsets and Panasonic handsets with Telo version 35862.
I have a VTECH DS6321-3 expandable phone system with (currently) 3 handsets (POTS Based) with the base plugged directly into the telo and i have not seen the system display it once on call waiting. Caller ID on call waiting worked with my magicjack(after using magicfeaturesplugin) and it also worked with my old comcast digital phone service.. so i know the phones are capable

you said you had telo verison 35862.. how can you tell what verison you have and how can you find out if there is a upgraded verison?

thanks

bw1

Post by bw1 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:46 am

You can connect to the Ooma setup page by opening your web browser to http://setup.ooma.com. Note that this page can only be accessed from a computer connected directly to the HOME NETWORK port of the Telo (HOME port on Ooma Hub).

If you're still unable to access the setup page from a computer connected directly to the correct port, you may need to configure your computer to get an IP address dynamically and not use a static IP address. You also may need to reboot your computer.

To access the Ooma setup page when it's connected behind the router:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5466#p38583

philw132

Post by philw132 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:25 pm

thanks for the replys.. i have a very expensive enterprise grade cisco router and there is no way i am going to trade that for the ooma.. The router I have fully supports VOIP and has special QOS settings for VOIP. clear phone calls have not been a problem. many users reported very choppy almost unusable phone calls when connecting into their own router. I suspect they did not have a router that can handle the traffic of VOIP. I have used the port forwarding feature of the ooma as stated in that forum post you linked me to.. everything works I am now able to use the configuration page without having to plug the laptop into the home port. anyhow all this for a lazy mans way to keep tabs on the updates. :) Looks like I am at Rev 1.35452

mbehensky

Post by mbehensky » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:21 am

bw1 wrote:They've had problems with it working with different versions of firmware and with different phone systems. Based on what I've seen they've been working on fixing it, but maybe not figured out exactly what's causing the problem. I've had it work and not work with my Panasonic cordless phones.

Hi, bw1 (or anybody else with working CWCID),

Could you please post the model number of the Panasonic handset you are using, so I can go buy one and see if it works with CID/CWCID for me? I'll post the results here...

Thanks,

Max Behensky

bw1

Post by bw1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:35 am

mbehensky wrote:

Hi, bw1 (or anybody else with working CWCID),

Could you please post the model number of the Panasonic handset you are using, so I can go buy one and see if it works with CID/CWCID for me? I'll post the results here...

Thanks,

Max Behensky
I have the Panasonic model # KX-TG6441.

cbking02

Post by cbking02 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:28 pm

When is the CWCID problem going to be resolved? I have had OOMA for 2 months now and have tried 3 different phone models and I still cannot receive CWCID. I know that OOMA is working on a fix but it is difficult losing functionality that has been inherent in every other phone system for years.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue May 18, 2010 2:54 pm

cbking02 wrote:When is the CWCID problem going to be resolved? I have had OOMA for 2 months now and have tried 3 different phone models and I still cannot receive CWCID. I know that OOMA is working on a fix but it is difficult losing functionality that has been inherent in every other phone system for years.
Is there CWCID with POTS?