Outgoing Caller ID still not working --6months later

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
tm0445
Re: Outgoing Caller ID still not working --6months later

Post by tm0445 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:52 pm

To all: Thank you for the replies--
I appreciate Ooma for what it does: provide an extra line with national calling for us. When we get to the standard features however...... like outgoing caller id, misc. names showing up in call logs, "joke" service in foreign countries, my.ooma going down again (this time the fix was deleting cookies), not to mention the voice quality on the other end when calling from a scout (another reason to ignore premeir, unfortunately--). Yep, basic Ooma was cheaper than adding national long distance to one of my other lines-- too bad this business model doesn't actually do what it said it would.
Hey, one would think I am a little disappointed with Ooma tonight....

Big0range

Post by Big0range » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:34 am

I had a terrible time with my caller ID after porting my number over to ooma as well; they installed my CID as my name on the port request, but not what name it was supposed to be. I spent three months talking with customer service, being promised it would be elevated to "Level 3" support, the engineer(s) who supposedly make the change, being promised a call back. I received one call back - after two months of this - to indicate the problem has been resolved. After waiting a month to allow for propagation, it still was incorrect.

I FINALLY did a little research (while being given the shove-off while on the phone with an ooma manager) and called ooma corporate offices directly, and reached the CEO, Eric Stang. If they don't mind me sharing the information I acquired, that corporate number is 650-566-6600 (that's a FREE call from your ooma phone... :D ), and the dial-by-name service will actually take you to Mr. Stang. He was very cordial, interested in hearing my issues, and had the problem resolved VERY quickly. He also informed me that they had recently hired a customer service executive to eliminate the kinds of problems I (we ?) experienced.

My CID problem resolved, I'm now a completely satisfied ooma customer.

caseybea

Post by caseybea » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:07 pm

bw1 wrote:
richalger wrote:I just had my number ported to my Ooma Telo on Tues. My name shows up fine.
Ported numbers will usually continue to show the name that was associated with them prior to the port.

In rare cases, some have found that their ported number shows null, null instead of name and number. Apparently, that may be because their previous service provider removed their info from the LIDB.
Well, apparently I'm a "rare case". How the heck do I get it solved? I could care less WHO provisions my caller-id-nam info (be it ooma, now, or AT&T that I had before).
Ooma Hub customer since January 2010
Telo2 upgrade (hub retired) October 2016
Service Level: Core

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:47 pm

My suspicion about how this may happen with ported numbers is if the POTS company like AT&T is the losing carrier, they delete the customer name associated with the number when the port completes but fail to delete the number from their pool of numbers in their CNAM database. So the CNAM info that Ooma sends out gets constantly overwritten by AT&T's data, which shows no name associated with that number (null, null). Just a SWAG on my part.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:10 pm

caseybea wrote: Well, apparently I'm a "rare case". How the heck do I get it solved? I could care less WHO provisions my caller-id-nam info (be it ooma, now, or AT&T that I had before).
If you have a ported number, you can try contacting your previous service provider - AT&T.

Or you could try what this user did and contact the FCC: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3229&p=51120#p51120

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r232600 ... ot-Working

pushout

Post by pushout » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:28 am

My Outgoing Caller ID never showed my name on the Ooma Call Log and recently stopped showing all CID info.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:24 am

pushout wrote:My Outgoing Caller ID never showed my name on the Ooma Call Log and recently stopped showing all CID info.
Outgoing CID is not supposed to show on your call log. Outbound call log entries are supposed to show the number you dialed. Outgoing CID is what the person you are calling sees for your phone number/name

pushout

Post by pushout » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:52 pm

My outbound calls have stopped showing up on my call log. Sorry if I was unclear. All these options get a bit much at 4:00AM. I did return the piece of junk Ooma handset around this time. Any connection anybody?? Did the return of the handset stop showing the outbound calls on the call log?

xtinknocker

Post by xtinknocker » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:36 am

I've had Ooma core since Dec. 09. Called my sister yesterday and she asked me why her caller I.D. showed Ooma Inc. I had no idea that's what was showing up. It was her work phone, so I guess, because my number is not in that phone book it's coming up that way. No one ever said anything to me about this. Guess I'll have to ask everybody I call what's showing up to see if i have to call CS about this.

tm0445

Post by tm0445 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:21 am

Quick update:
No changes. I did email support (the day after my first post), and rec'd replies from Christina (who gave me a ticket number and said my request was escalated to another dept.) and Raj R. who basically said that this takes time and "there is no ryhme or reason".

(I think that Raj R. is the same person that Pandora has referred to in another thread as the "right person".)

I am still not hopeful -- this number I have was assigned to me by Ooma (NOT A NUMBER PORT), and I do not have Premier any more.