Long distance plans. Why the need for premier? Unlimited LD?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Teh_Lexinator
Long distance plans. Why the need for premier? Unlimited LD?

Post by Teh_Lexinator » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:51 pm

This has been bothering me for a bit now. Why not make the $4.99 long distance plan available to non premier members?

Also, what happened to the 9.99 unlimited long distance calling plan? I remember this being talked about almost a year ago.

I have to constantly call India, China and Russia for software support and/or to place orders, and having about 1200 minutes to chat with those three countries would be just grand! :D

Groundhound

Re: Long distance plans. Why the need for premier? Unlimited LD?

Post by Groundhound » Sat May 01, 2010 5:25 am

A buffet calling plan like the $4.99/500 minute offering is probably seen by Ooma as minimally profitable, depending upon which countries on the list the user calls most frequently. Ooma makes it pretty clear in their business plan model that they intend to provide incentives for people to convert to Premier (http://www.ooma.com/company/our-business-model), so I doubt you will see any additional features added to the basic plan unless there is an add-on cost that is clearly profitable for Ooma.