Forwarding and Notifications no longer can send audio file

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
smileybri
Forwarding and Notifications no longer can send audio file

Post by smileybri » Mon May 03, 2010 3:41 pm

For some time now I have had two notifications setup in Preferences > Voicemail > Forwarding and Notifications.

I had an SMS notification + an email notification with the VM attached as an audio file. Both notifications worked fine for many months.

This past week I decided that the text notification was redundant and I deleted it. BIG MISTAKE!

Now my email notifications do not send the audio. I deleted all notifications and tried to setup a new one with the audio attached, but I cannot select the "Audio File" option in the notification. I get the notification, but no file.

I tried searching the forums but I saw nothing that relates to this. It is bad enough that I can't simply forward my calls to my cell, but now I can't even get my messages.

Can someone help? I am not a Premier subscriber.

murphy

Re: Forwarding and Notifications no longer can send audio file

Post by murphy » Mon May 03, 2010 4:41 pm

Sending the voicemail file is a Premier feature.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

ntmartin

Post by ntmartin » Thu May 20, 2010 5:13 pm

I did the same thing... except I didn't even delete the notification. I just clicked on the options to see what they were and as if by magic i lost that option.
I've been using it for 2yrs - don't tell me it is a Premier feature cause I haven't paid a cent in Premier service and I set up the VM forwarding to email after the free trial!

I'm a little put out that there was NO warning that browsing to my option page would disable a great feature...
THANKS OOMA

- A little less satisfied customer

dpwanab

Post by dpwanab » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:05 pm

I recently had this problem too.

I still have an email notification in my inbox with the attached VM audio file from about a month ago, but I got two messages today and they were text only. When I went to the prefrences to see what the deal was, I could only select the text-only notification via email. The option to send the audio file in the drop-down list is greyed-out and not selectable.

I am a non-premier member. I have an Ooma Hub that was purchased before the implementation of the taxes and pay nothing. Now all of a sudden I've lost a very valuable feature.

I sent an email to tech support. Probably gone forever, unless I pay for premier, which I don't really care for because the VM audio file was the only thing I would really want from the package.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:14 am

After Premier expiration, if you got the VM audio file, then it was a system bug. VM forwarding was never advertised as a Core feature.