Tried to upgrade to Premier and Wow! Ooma sucks!

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
smileybri
Tried to upgrade to Premier and Wow! Ooma sucks!

Post by smileybri » Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm

I hate to say it, but I think Ooma sucks. Stay away if you are not already invested.

I was going to upgrade to Premier and after filling in the order details and credit card, I now can't even view the Account and Add On pages in My Omma!

Really! I have been a little miffed that call forwarding is not part of the basic service, now it seems sending audio files in notifications no longer works. These things make me regret that I ever invested in the Ooma device at all. Then I thought, okay I am just being cheap, try Ooma Premier again for a month and take advantage of what it offers and see if it is worth it.

I can't even pay Ooma for Premier without the Website flipping out which reminds me how dissatisfied I have been the whole time. Not just because of the above but the fact that I have to power cycle my Hub sometimes weekly to keep the phone line functioning.

You all were giving that Vonage customer a hard time with how he was trying to compare the cost of the service, well if I am going to give a company money every month, I think Vonage will get my future business. I have enjoyed not paying for phone service for this line, but I certainly think Vonage works better than Ooma ever has, and I am considering switching back.

I would rather just try premier first as that would be cheaper, but OH YEAH! I CAN'T BECAUSE OOMA SUCKS!

southsound

Re: Tried to upgrade to Premier and Wow! Ooma sucks!

Post by southsound » Mon May 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Several others have said that they were having trouble with the website regarding billing/upgrades - but this does not mean that the only reason I bought ooma isn't still being taken care of quite nicely. If you really want to upgrade to Premier, can I ask why? It seems like you have already decided that the company/service/everything sucks. I would not throw good money after bad. As to the need to reboot, have you made the change on the Network tab of setup.ooma.com to use the built-in MAC address? This usually takes care of the problem.

On the other hand, my ooma phone service has been stellar for about 15 months now. If you like ooma, why not try to do the upgrade over the phone? Customer support can take care of it easily. You can call them at 888 711-6662.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

smileybri

Post by smileybri » Mon May 03, 2010 4:48 pm

I apparently needed to log out of my ooma and back in to stop getting the website errors. I know Ooma is no AT&T, but they should at least step through their own Website and fix errors like that. It just isn't acceptable to have the Website break like that. Like I said though I logged out and back in and problem solved.

Now, I am very interested in trying to resolve the need to reboot constantly. You mention "setup.ooma.com" but that does not resolve to a Website and I have no "Network" tab in My Ooma. Would you care to be more specific as to where I might find these settings?

Thanks!

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon May 03, 2010 5:39 pm

smileybri wrote:I apparently needed to log out of my ooma and back in to stop getting the website errors. I know Ooma is no AT&T, but they should at least step through their own Website and fix errors like that. It just isn't acceptable to have the Website break like that. Like I said though I logged out and back in and problem solved.

Now, I am very interested in trying to resolve the need to reboot constantly. You mention "setup.ooma.com" but that does not resolve to a Website and I have no "Network" tab in My Ooma. Would you care to be more specific as to where I might find these settings?

Thanks!
Connect a computer to the Home port of Ooma.
If the computer is a laptop, disable it's wireless capability.
Connect to http://setup.ooma.com
Click on Network.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

sfhub

Post by sfhub » Mon May 03, 2010 7:44 pm

smileybri wrote:Now, I am very interested in trying to resolve the need to reboot constantly. You mention "setup.ooma.com" but that does not resolve to a Website and I have no "Network" tab in My Ooma. Would you care to be more specific as to where I might find these settings?
There is a configuration web server that runs on the Ooma device. By default it is only accessible if you are connected to the Home Port of the Ooma, either directly or through a router.

When people ask you to access http://setup.ooma.com, they are asking you to access the configuration web server that is running on your local Ooma device. This is different than your my.ooma.com page which is running on a server at Ooma accessed over the Internet.

setup.ooma.com resolves to the "internal" IP address of the Ooma, 172.27.35.1 You can also try http://172.27.35.1 if setup.ooma.com doesn't work, but verify first that you are connected to the Home Port of the Ooma device either directly or through your router.