Voicemail Indicator on handsets

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
MarkHofmann
Re: Voicemail Indicator on handsets

Post by MarkHofmann » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:16 am

lburgsouth wrote:ok i just figured it out plug the uniden into the main hub NOT a scout press talk to cycle the phone when you hear the dial tone hang up note the indicator is not flashing now plug the uniden back into the scout for normal use. Problem solved. :)

I have a uniden 6.0 direct with 4 headsets this solved my vm indicator light flashing for no reason light good luck.
I have not tested this in awhile since the latest Hub/Scout firmware upgrades that came out recently. I will have to try this again. I have premier, so I have a line on the hub and a line on the scout. I have both connected to my (2)-line Uniden. I don't really use my 2nd line for inbound calls, so this isn't a problem normally - but if I was to get a voicemail on my 2nd line, the voicemail indicator never resets after I delete it. This ONLY happens on the scout line.

Since I don't really get inbound calls on that line, it hasn't really caused me much of an issue. I should test it again since the last round of firmware upgrades.

- Mark

hogdoc

Post by hogdoc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:36 pm

I have had the same problem with the scout sometimes not indicating a new voicemail or after erasing the message the indicator light will not go out. The problem is certainly a scout problem as I have a pbx that feeds both lines into the same phone system. In the past a power cycle of the hib/scout would fix the problem for a while. An interesting note is whe I leave a message on the scout and there is no light. Make a call on the scout and then after hanging up the VMI light comes on. Must reset or retransmit the VMI sisgnal with a call. Hubs VMI work fine 100% of the time. Needs a firmware fix on the scout!

MarkHofmann

Post by MarkHofmann » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:21 pm

Agreed. We are in need of a firmware update on the scouts to fix the VM indicator problem. I am surprised that Ooma has not addressed this issue yet. I called them back in the fall about this issue and have not had any updates.

Could someone from Ooma please respond and look into this problem for us? Thanks..

- Mark

ricst

Post by ricst » Mon May 03, 2010 2:24 pm

Did anyone ever get an answer from Ooma? I still have this problem on a Uniden TRU 8866. I have to either pickup (again) VM using the Uniden (even after I already picked it up via another phone. Or I have to start unplugging wires and rebooting.

MarkHofmann

Post by MarkHofmann » Tue May 04, 2010 10:14 am

ricst wrote:Did anyone ever get an answer from Ooma? I still have this problem on a Uniden TRU 8866. I have to either pickup (again) VM using the Uniden (even after I already picked it up via another phone. Or I have to start unplugging wires and rebooting.
Nope. I have not heard anything. Unfortunately, they don't seem that interested in supporting the Ooma scout anymore. I have had that problem from day one - but I don't use my second line for inbound calls, so the problem/bug doesn't really effect me a great deal.

I certainly do wish that Ooma would address the scout VM indicator problem, though!

- Mark

whistlewicket

Post by whistlewicket » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:17 pm

I should think you would want to tie a knot in the ends of data cables to keep the stuff from leaking out all over your floors. :D

Block

Post by Block » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:05 pm

I have an old GE cordless phone and the darn light is blinking. I found the phone's manual online, saw "VMWI" mentioned in the manual, and found this thread. I has the "welcome" msg on the ooma and probably disconnected the phone. I deleted the msg at some point, but the phones kept blinking. I finally got rid of the blinking by leaving a new msg by calling my ooma phone number from my cellphone. I deleted the msg, but the phone kept blinking. I cycled power on the cordless "base station" and the blinking FINALLY stopped.

So as someone discovered many msgs ago, it's cycling the phone that causes and fixes the problem (along with recording and deleting a NEW msg).

Wife was not happy, so here I am up at 1AM to save the ooma...not sure if she realized it was due to the ooma.

BTW, isn't there a way to disable ooma's answering service? I called my ooma number form my cell and went through every option and submenu, but did not hear an option to simply turn the darn thing off!!!

Long term I am not sure if we'll use our answering machine (in the cordless phone's base) or ooma's voice mail.

holmes4

Post by holmes4 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:32 am

Just set the "voicemail pickup time" to the maximum - longer than your answering machine waits to pick up.
Steve