Call waiting/caller id STILL not working?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Dayvidpriddy
Call waiting/caller id STILL not working?

Post by Dayvidpriddy » Tue May 11, 2010 1:07 pm

What is going on with this lame service? My call waiting/caller id is STILL not working. Instead of Ooma fixing this problem they focus their moves on new features like Google voice when they still have current problems that have yet to be fixed.

This is really ticking me off now...

ktinca

Re: Call waiting/caller id STILL not working?

Post by ktinca » Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 pm

I'm not sure if it is system wide or individuals, but caller id with call waiting has been working for me.

I'm using Panasonic Dect 6.0 cordless phones. When I'm on a call, and someone calls on call waiting, the phone displays the caller id and name and I hit flash to switch back and forth.
Service/Equipment: Ooma Core / Hub & Scout installed February 2010.
Internet: Charter ISP 10Mbs/1Mbs
Port request: 2/21/2010
Port completed: 3/9/2010

sfhub

Re: Call waiting/caller id STILL not working?

Post by sfhub » Wed May 12, 2010 11:02 am

Dayvidpriddy wrote:What is going on with this lame service? My call waiting/caller id is STILL not working. Instead of Ooma fixing this problem they focus their moves on new features like Google voice when they still have current problems that have yet to be fixed.

This is really ticking me off now...
I think it is an incompatibility with some brands/models. It works to some extent for some. I think they did release a partial fix and have a full fix that is awaiting an update from one of their vendors.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7215#p51333