Not all inbound calls make it

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
utahsnow
Not all inbound calls make it

Post by utahsnow » Wed May 12, 2010 8:10 am

Installed my Telo last night and activated it. Outbound calls worked as soon as the Telo finished updating. About two hours later, I was finally able to call my Ooma number from another phone, my existing landline. But, I can not call my Ooma number from my cell phone, even this morning some 18 hours after my Telo was activated. When I try from my cell phone, I get a message saying that the call cannot be completed as dialed.

southsound

Re: Not all inbound calls make it

Post by southsound » Wed May 12, 2010 8:35 am

Are you dialing all 10 digits of your ooma number from your cell phone? Give it a try and report back. If you are not able to get through this way, you will need to call ooma support and open a ticket: 888 711-6662.

And welcome to ooma and to the forum! You're going to like it here! :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

utahsnow

Post by utahsnow » Wed May 12, 2010 9:03 am

southsound wrote:Are you dialing all 10 digits of your ooma number from your cell phone? Give it a try and report back. If you are not able to get through this way, you will need to call ooma support and open a ticket: 888 711-6662.

Yes, I am dialing all 10 digits.

I've got a little more info to add. My mobile carrier is T-mobile. My phone supports T-mobile's HotSpot at Home feature. So, in my house, my cell phone connects to T-mobile through my home wifi and then out through my broadband connection. This path does not work when calling my Ooma number. However, if I turn off my cell phone's wifi and let it connect directly to T-mobile, then I can dial my Ooma number.

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed May 12, 2010 9:39 am

utahsnow wrote:
southsound wrote:Are you dialing all 10 digits of your ooma number from your cell phone? Give it a try and report back. If you are not able to get through this way, you will need to call ooma support and open a ticket: 888 711-6662.

Yes, I am dialing all 10 digits.

I've got a little more info to add. My mobile carrier is T-mobile. My phone supports T-mobile's HotSpot at Home feature. So, in my house, my cell phone connects to T-mobile through my home wifi and then out through my broadband connection. This path does not work when calling my Ooma number. However, if I turn off my cell phone's wifi and let it connect directly to T-mobile, then I can dial my Ooma number.
Call T-Mobile and complain that you can't connect to a working number via WiFi.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx