ooma or telo?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
fengyuwuzu
ooma or telo?

Post by fengyuwuzu » Sat May 15, 2010 2:33 am

last year when I bought ooma, I was suggested to buy ooma hub/scout in terms of less fees compared to telo.

Now I think both ooma and telo will be charged the fees, which one should be recommended now?

considering costco is offering $100 calling credit and free telo handset, while ooma is available only at limited retailers (like amazon), is Telo a better choice now?

murphy

Re: ooma or telo?

Post by murphy » Sat May 15, 2010 3:04 am

Ooma is the name of the company.
Their first product was the hub and scout combination.
Their second product was the Telo and Telo handset combination.
The hub and scout (in the same box) had no fees.
The hub only, from Costco, had fees.
The Telo has fees.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

dsinternet

Re: ooma or telo?

Post by dsinternet » Sat May 15, 2010 5:40 am

I only have the Telo and I waited 9 months for it. I could have gotten the Hub sooner, but wanted to get the newest system. I see it like Windows XP and Windows 7. Both are great OS, but the future is with Windows 7. I do have to say that the Telo was looking like Vista, but early updates have made it Great! I love my Telo and a am happy I waited for it. I am also looking forward to future updates that make the Telo even better. I don't worry about the fees. $1 per month vs $3 per month is not a deal breaker. I will say that I thought both systems had the same fees. But to me it does not matter. If I had to do it again I would still go with the Telo.