Voicemail - Inbound VM Calls Not Playing Greeting

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
escoop
Re: Voicemail - Inbound VM Calls Not Playing Greeting

Post by escoop » Sat May 15, 2010 11:42 am

Sure FrontPorchView... Mr. ibmofo, the Ooma Fan-boy just wants you to drink to Ooma Kool-Aid and it wil all be allright. Until it's not. Then where are you? You are stuck with a dodgy customer support aparatis with no one who is able to help. Run! Run fast!

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sat May 15, 2010 11:48 am

escoop, why u still here?! LOL

escoop

Post by escoop » Sat May 15, 2010 12:34 pm

They still keep sending me emails from the forum. As long as they do I want to make sure that the other side of the Ooma experience is represented.

When someone buys something, the inertia of the situation hauls them along. It did in my case. I came very close to saying, well give them the benefit of the doubt, give them time to fix things. Let them do their jobs. Short answer - time, patience, and understanding are not usefull when dealing with folks who are in over their heads. None of my default practices worked because in the end the final answer was - yes we told you that you could set things up the way you were most comfortable - but you actually can't. If you like risk you can go forward and have no alternative but the one we design - and likely no support when you do based on your experience so far. It's hard to break the interia of the purchase. One the monetary "blood is spilled" the tendancy is to spill more to cover the bad decision you made in the first place. If it wasn't so important to my business to have a reliable phone service I would likely have gone forward - but too much depends on the phone "just working". Can't use the phone - I made a bad decision based on false information.

I'll stay here making comments about the other reality of Ooma so that other folks can have a clear picture of all they are putting at risk using this service - perhaps before they buy and are caught in the inertia of the purchase.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sat May 15, 2010 10:17 pm

escoop wrote:Sure FrontPorchView... Mr. ibmofo, the Ooma Fan-boy just wants you to drink to Ooma Kool-Aid and it wil all be allright. Until it's not. Then where are you? You are stuck with a dodgy customer support aparatis with no one who is able to help. Run! Run fast!
People been telling you that once landline integration is no longer, ie port is complete, your problem will go away. But apparently this doesn't work for you so you had to walk away from ooma. This is really too bad since you chose not to enjoy ooma's wonderful home phone service for free or for cheap but hey, that's your call to make.

But others in the same situation, ie rare bug with landline integration for whatever reason (maybe the landline is the source of the bug) may not want to choose the same route you did. They may think that toughing it out until port completion is a viable option so they can enjoy free or inexpensive premium home phone service without any of the landline integration problems.

You already let your opinion known so that's good. I appreciate that. I am sure others appreciate it too. But your recurring name calling and bitterness is unecessary. Stop being a dick. Move on.

dasman

Post by dasman » Sun May 16, 2010 6:25 pm

Just jumping back in my own thread -- I ended up calling Ooma and having them remove landline integration and giving me a separate Ooma number for testing (since the intent is to port over and lose the landline anyway). In any case, as soon as landline integration was turned off, the Ooma line worked without a hitch. Good call quality, VM works as advertised.

Gonna give it a few more days of testing and then will likely start the porting process... Ooma really needs to eliminate the landline integration bug, or be up front that VM isn't always compatible with the integration.

dave

PTS

Post by PTS » Mon May 17, 2010 8:27 am

Mr espoop - Ooma works great for me, no problems. Too bad you do not have the patience to wait for the port to complete.

Customer Since: 2/24/10 (Ported from Verizon 3/12/10)
Service: Premier
Internet: Comcast 55 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: Motorola SB6121 -> Netgear WNDR4000 -> Ooma Telo
Phone: Panasonic Dect 6.0 - 3 Cordless handsets (KX-TG6412M)