International bundle and taxes

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
sundeep607
International bundle and taxes

Post by sundeep607 » Wed May 19, 2010 7:41 am

Hello All,
I am a premium Ooma subscriber and have also taken the international bundle (monthly fee of $4.99 for 500 minutes). However, I am getting charged $5.89 every month. This is about 90 cents in taxes and fees, which comes out to be about 18%. This seems way too high.
Does anyone know what is the breakdown of these taxes and fees. I contacted Ooma Customer Service couple of weeks back and they are still looking into this. I thought, maybe someone on the forum has already gone through this.

Thanks
Sundeep

murphy

Re: International bundle and taxes

Post by murphy » Wed May 19, 2010 7:45 am

sundeep607 wrote:Hello All,
I am a premium Ooma subscriber and have also taken the international bundle (monthly fee of $4.99 for 500 minutes). However, I am getting charged $5.89 every month. This is about 90 cents in taxes and fees, which comes out to be about 18%. This seems way too high.
Does anyone know what is the breakdown of these taxes and fees. I contacted Ooma Customer Service couple of weeks back and they are still looking into this. I thought, maybe someone on the forum has already gone through this.

Thanks
Sundeep
It's not that far off. The current FUSF fee is about 14.1%.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx