Call Forwarding on Ooma Premier second line

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
mike_s
Call Forwarding on Ooma Premier second line

Post by mike_s » Wed May 19, 2010 10:25 am

Questions about call forwarding with Ooma Premier second line

1. When I enable call forwarding, do both lines get forwarded?
2. Can I set the call forwarding options independently for the two lines? Can I enable call forwarding on one line but not the other? Can I set different forwarding numbers on each line?

TIA for any help,
Mike

feartheturtle

Re: Call Forwarding on Ooma Premier second line

Post by feartheturtle » Wed May 19, 2010 11:15 am

Greetings, and welcome to Ooma.

First, you should not use/display your phone number, email address or any other personal information on this public forum. I'm not certain how you change your forum ID - you may have to call CS (888-711-6662).

Secondly, you can forward calls to two different numbers if you have premier. You must have a Telo handset (or a Scout if you have the older hub) to do this. I am sure someone else will fill you in on the details.

First things first - see if you can change your Forum ID! Good luck.

mike_s

Post by mike_s » Wed May 19, 2010 12:53 pm

Thanks for the security tip. The username has been changed.

Now, can you tell me more about how to set up separate call forwarding numbers for the first and second lines? I would appreciate any advice you can give. I have spent most of the morning looking for information about this. A Customer Support rep told me to log in to the website separately for each line and set up different forwarding numbers. That doesn't work. If I change the number while logged in as either line, it changes the forwarding number for both lines.

Again--please--any help you can give.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Wed May 19, 2010 1:04 pm

To control call forwarding independently for the second number, you must assign that number to a "personal device" (Scout if Hub/Scout system, Telo Handset for Telo system). You will then have a second my.ooma account for that number where you can set up its call forwarding features. Inbound calls to that number will only ring on its "personal device" if not forwarded. Personal Device assignment is done in your my.ooma main account.