Require PIN when accessing Voicemail from home phone

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Groundhound
Re: Require PIN when accessing Voicemail from home phone

Post by Groundhound » Thu May 20, 2010 11:16 am

I think Ooma should simply disallow VM admin access without a PIN for all calls originating outside the Ooma system regardless of CID. This should be in addition to allow toggling the PIN requirement for home VM access since there may be other reasons why you don't want just anyone in your house to check your VM.

sfhub

Post by sfhub » Thu May 20, 2010 11:51 am

Yes, good suggestion.

I think the first part (require PIN for VM access outside Ooma network regardless of CID) they should work on as a bug fix because there is no UI requirement and the Basic service user has no ability to workaround.

The PIN access could be an enhancement request.

nofeephone

Post by nofeephone » Thu May 20, 2010 4:27 pm

Groundhound

None of the spoofed callers changed our PIN. I cannot confirm whether they deleted messages or not.

Can a moderator from Ooma give feedback to this issue? This is not a new issue and I would like to know the potential for Ooma to offer a fix.

bitco

Post by bitco » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:50 pm

Seriously, this seems to have been a problem with ooma for years now...and I am having it too. I am a basic subscriber and need a fix for this as my premier trial is about to run out. I have put my number on the blacklist because it has been spoofed. When the trial runs out I guess I'll be back to the spoofing problem and security issue with my voice mail.