Disconnecting calls

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
feartheturtle
Re: Disconnecting calls

Post by feartheturtle » Fri May 21, 2010 8:14 pm

OK, I have to ask, is this problem dependent on equipment you own? Telo, Hub, or both?

anderik1

Post by anderik1 » Sat May 22, 2010 5:23 am

I personally have a Hub, but I believe it affects both.

jalauer

Post by jalauer » Sat May 22, 2010 3:43 pm

My problems and observations were with a hub.

jymh

Post by jymh » Sun May 23, 2010 7:32 am

I'm having the same dropped call issue dialing into 866 number as everyone else. Very frustration. I hold conference calls weekly and have never had this issue until 2 weeks ago (I've been using Ooma since last September). In one of my conference calls - my call dropped and when I dialed back in to my 866 conference, Ooma voicemail basically took over the conference. It wasn't just me that was impacted, it was all 30+ conference attendees. Ouch... I guess I won't be using Ooma for conference calls if this doesn't get fixed quickly.

groundhogdaze

Post by groundhogdaze » Sun May 23, 2010 10:43 am

I'm experiencing the same issue with the conference call drops. I cancelled my vonage account a couple of weeks ago which I regret because vonage has been relatively issue free and good customer service. I suspect the Ooma box because vonage didn't drop my calls --I'm connected to a vpn have multiple multiple chat clients running and when the Ooma drops my calls, everything else is working fine. If it was a connection/quality issue, vonage, vpn, or chat clients would have been impacted. If this issue isn't sorted out quickly, the Ooma box is going back to Costco and I'm going back to vonage.

jerrygno

Post by jerrygno » Mon May 24, 2010 7:02 am

Last Fri Ooma said they would roll out a fix next week. Well its Monday and the problem still exists. Ooma: Can we get a better ETA (Day/Time) when the fix for this disconnect issue is going to be resolved?

km368

Post by km368 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:03 am

My husband just called to give me the riot act over switching to ooma after having been disconnected from 2 calls to a business support line just today and two important conference calls last week. We use our cell phones mostly, but I thought this phone would be a great way to save minutes on lengthy conference calls. This is a pretty basic issue, and needs to be fixed immediately. I see another posting from as far back as February, showing that this is a known issue. For reference, my husband has had 2 completely dropped calls and 2 instances where the ooma voicemail has hijacked a conference call. He had to establish a new conference call line and call in from his cell phone in order to eliminate the problem. VERY problematic in instances where we need to work from home.

km368

Post by km368 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:04 am

By the way, I have only the Ooma hub set up.

Groch

Post by Groch » Mon May 24, 2010 10:22 am

Same problem with disconnects on 877 number conference calls....both as a participant and as a leader. This is very embarassing and needs to be fixed. It seems to have strarted about a week ago. Disconnects (get the ooma dial tune) every 5 minutes or so.

Got to fix it or I cannot use it for my business phone.

tefleming

Post by tefleming » Mon May 24, 2010 1:46 pm

It's a sad state when my AT&T cell phone is more reliable than my home phone.

I, like others, bought the Hub primarily to work from home.