New setup: A few questions

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
AzJazz
New setup: A few questions

Post by AzJazz » Sun May 23, 2010 8:38 pm

I just installed my Ooma Telo with 2 Telo handsets.

I have an existing phone line that I am keeping attached for a little bit while I test out Ooma,

First question: When I initially configured/activated my Ooma account, I set it up for porting of my old number, but I haven't gone through the final porting option in the Account Add-Ons. When do I have to take the final "port it" step?

Second Question: The Ooma logo on my phone is never turned on, even though I can make calls OK. I thought it was supposed to be "blue" when it is connected to the network. Is there something wrong?

Third Question: I tried dialing a number on my Telo Handset by entering the number first and then pressing the green "Call" button. I always got a busy signal when calling this way. When I pressed the "Call" button first and then entered the phone number, the call went through fine. What am I doing wrong?

Fourth Question: I plan on purchasing the Premier service. I read on the web that I will get the Bluetooth dongle when I sign up. Is this true?

Thanks!

AzJazz

murphy

Re: New setup: A few questions

Post by murphy » Mon May 24, 2010 4:14 am

1. Whenever you want. You don't have to port your number.
2. Press the middle button in the top row. The display illumination level is set to off.
3. How many digits are you dialing? Do you have 10 digit dialing enabled?
4. The current (I just checked) description of Premier lists either a free number port or a free handset if you purchase Premier on an annual basis (ie pay for a full year). There is no mention of a bluetooth dongle. Bluetooth support has not been released to the general public yet.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

AzJazz

Re: New setup: A few questions

Post by AzJazz » Mon May 24, 2010 5:12 am

Thanks, Murphy!

Yep ... I needed to adjust the brightness, and I figured out the "10 digit dialing" issue after I submitted the message.