Disconnecting calls

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
iamhives
Re: Disconnecting calls

Post by iamhives » Wed May 26, 2010 4:36 pm

Just did a test call into my conference line and held on in silence. Managed to stay connected without getting disconnected for more than two minutes which is 4x more than before. So maybe its fixed... (not before time).

A little frightening that something seemingly as trivial as a change in routing can cause such chaos. Seems a bit sensitive for an industrial strength product - but hopefully that's the end of it

Have several conference calls tomorrow so will verify the fix 100% tomorrow..

dplang

Post by dplang » Wed May 26, 2010 4:58 pm

I'll see how it goes tomorrow with back-to-back con calls, but I just hung up on a con call I started that lasted about 15 minutes. Glimmer of hope.

sfhub

Post by sfhub » Wed May 26, 2010 5:05 pm

iamhives wrote:A little frightening that something seemingly as trivial as a change in routing can cause such chaos. Seems a bit sensitive for an industrial strength product - but hopefully that's the end of it
I don't think it was the routing that was the issue per se. It appeared what they were saying was there is a bug with dropped calls when silent that apparently is still there. It didn't show up or wasn't that obvious until the routing change, possibly because the new route had more "silence" or different comfort noise interactions. Presumably when they fix the actual bug, Ooma would not have this issue even with routing changes.

dordav

Post by dordav » Wed May 26, 2010 6:16 pm

I had a conf call using an 866 number today at 4:30pm CT in which I was not the leader. It lasted 20 minutes w/o issues. I just hosted an 866 conference call at 9:09pm CT (no one else joined -- just a test) and used combinations of noise and mute. I disconnected at 9:16pm CT w/o issues. The problem seems to be fixed.

barrmy

Post by barrmy » Thu May 27, 2010 8:29 am

For the folks asking about google voice - i have been using it successfully (launching the 8xx number from the web console and ringng to my ooma line) as a workaround. I haven't tried dialing it and pressing '2'

I did just go thru a conference call, and it worked perfect (i was not the host, and i spoke for ~5min w/o interruptions and silence on the other end) - call time was 11:15 CT

davrollins

Post by davrollins » Thu May 27, 2010 9:17 am

Mine still seems to be broken. I host conference calls and the report I get back shows it disconnecting after 3 minutes each time. I've tried calling in from both my cell phone and ooma connected phone and making a bunch of noise on both lines, but the ooma still disconnects.

Someone had suggested calling into the conference bridge using the toll number. I dialed in and am still connected after 10 minutes, so it looks to be just the toll free number that disconnects me. I am using Ready Conference/Global Meet and the number is 888-288-9321.

I finally got past the 8xx numbers and entering in the conference ID number and now this....

jerrygno

Post by jerrygno » Thu May 27, 2010 1:23 pm

I have been on 2 >30 min 877 conference calls today (I didn't host) and there were no dropping issues for me.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu May 27, 2010 2:11 pm

jerrygno wrote:I have been on 2 >30 min 877 conference calls today (I didn't host) and there were no dropping issues for me.
Ditto for me this morning ~8am PST for ~40 minutes.

iamhives

Post by iamhives » Thu May 27, 2010 4:20 pm

Did some more tests as well as 4 real conference calls and had no problems.

Unfortunately as a prior advocate of Ooma I got a lot of ribbing from my colleagues about my beloved Ooma service. Hopefully this doesn't happen again..

russellblogan

Post by russellblogan » Thu May 27, 2010 5:11 pm

I was poster #3 on this thread. At approximately 8:33p EDT I made an outgoing non-800 call (local call in Northern Virginia). The party did not answer and I got their voicemail. I was leaving a message an my ooma disconnected and dropped the call.

I should note that after my original post on this thread I suffered dropped calls on non-800 as well as the conference calling issue. I stopped using conference calling with ooma and used my cell instead.

I do not believe this issue is fixed. I have called support more than 5 times in the past 3 weeks and have not gotten any resolution.

I repeat - the problem is still the same. BTW, I have Verizon Fios 25/25mbps service and Panasonic DECT 6.0 phone system.